This creamy Pumpkin Spice Liqueur is a delicious delicate homemade liqueur. The combination of Pumpkin, Spices, Cream, Whiskey and a hint of coffee give this tasty drink a comfy taste of Fall.
A few days ago, I heard a few friends of mine asking each other if anyone had tasted the new Pumpkin Spiced Cream Liqueur that was on the market during this time of the year. No one had, so I knew I would have to be the one to introduce it!
- Cream – whole/heavy or whipping cream, with at least 30% fat
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Whiskey – Irish/Scottish Whiskey or Royal Crown Canadian Rye Whiskey
- Pumpkin Puree – not pie filling just pureed pumpkin, Homemade or Store bought
- Coffee – strong
- Pumpkin pie spice – you can make your own homemade Pumpkin Spice
Sugar for the Rim
- Maple syrup
- Brown sugar – I used light brown
After 5 attempts at making this I finally came up with a winner, well thanks to the Italian and a few friends who didn’t hesitate to give me their 2 cents.
How to make it
In a blender add all the above ingredients, blend for approximately 30 seconds or until well combined. Refrigerate for approximately 3-5 hours or even over night. Shake or stir before serving. Serve over ice or straight up. Best if served in Maple Syrup/Brown Sugar Rimmed glasses.
Sugar Rimmed Glass
Take 2 plates, in one plate pour a little maple syrup in the other plate sprinkle some brown sugar, dip the rip of the glass first in the maple syrup then dip into the brown sugar, add some Homemade Pumpkin Pie Cream Liqueur and enjoy.
What is the best liquor for this Cream Liqueur?
My first couple of experiments I made it with an Irish Whiskey (although Scotch Whiskey would work well too).
But my husband and his friend asked me to try making it with Canadian Rye Whiskey, Royal Crown and so naturally I thought why not? They are still licking their lips so you decide!
I wanted something smooth and creamy, I didn’t want any one ingredient taking over the other, including the liquor. I decided that every time you took a taste you had to taste something else. And I think I succeeded.
How to store it
Because it contains dairy it will definitely need to be stored in the refrigerator. It will keep for up to 3-4 weeks in the fridge if stored properly. If it curdles or smells off, then discard.
Can I make it without liquor?
Yes you can although it will only keep for up to a week in the fridge. The alcohol is what gives it the longer storage time.
How to serve Pumpkin Liqueur?
I like to serve it very cold straight up or even over ice. You could even serve it over ice cream or in your coffee.
A few things I used to make this recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
You are going to need a Blender, I just bought a new one and I don’t know how I did without. Without Whiskey you can’t make this creamy Pumpkin Liqueur! And some really cute Liqueur Glasses make it special!
Well my friends I really do think I came up with something. The addition of the maple syrup and brown sugar rimmed glass was the icing on the cake!
This Homemade Pumpkin Pie Cream Liqueur is the perfect way to put up your feet, sit back, have a sip and welcome in one of the best if not “The Best Season” of them all. Happy almost Fall my friends. Enjoy!
More Delicious Pumpkin Recipes you may Enjoy!
Homemade Pumpkin Spice Liqueur
THE PUMPKIN LIQUEUR
- 1/2 cup whole cream
- 1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tablespoons Irish/Scottish Whiskey or Royal Crown Canadian Rye Whiskey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Pumpkin Puree (not pie filling, just pumpkin)
- 1 – 1 1/2 tablespoons strong coffee
- 1/2 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
MAPLE SYRUP/BROWN SUGAR RIMMED GLASSES
- 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3-4 tablespoons brown sugar
HOMEMADE PUMPKIN PIE CREAM LIQUEUR
- In a blender add all the above ingredients, blend for approximately 30 seconds or until well combined. Refrigerate for approximately 3-5 hours or even over night. Shake or stir before serving. Serve over ice or straight up. Best if served in Maple Syrup/Brown Sugar Rimmed glasses**! Enjoy
MAPLE SYRUP/BROWN SUGAR RIMMED GLASSES
- Take 2 plates, in one plate pour a little maple syrup in the other plate sprinkle some brown sugar, dip the rip of the glass first in the maple syrup then dip into the brown sugar, add some Homemade Pumpkin Pie Cream Liqueur and enjoy.
Updated from September 14, 2016 /(I EARN COMMISSION FROM PURCHASES MADE VIA PRODUCT LINKS IN THE POSTS)