Creamy Pumpkin Pasta Sauce, a fast and easy Pumpkin Sauce, creamy and delicate. The perfect meatless Dinner Recipe.
Creamy Pumpkin Pasta Sauce
As we start to end into the Holiday Season, between Thanksgiving, Halloween and Christmas I like to think that this Creamy Delicious Pumpkin Sauce Recipe would give you a much needed boost of energy.
And needless to say I certainly hope you aren’t tired of Squash or pumpkin recipes yet. Because this is a good one.
It is another fast and easy pasta recipe, Creamy Pumpkin Pasta Sauce. The best kind!
I’m one of those people who loves a creamy pasta sauce, probably because I can top it off with some freshly grated Parmesan.
The Italian is the opposite, he insists it covers the taste of the sauce. But what does he know? 😉
I have never been much of a squash lover, but after making a creamy squash filling for Ravioli, Sweet and Savory I also discovered how delicious it can be tossed with some pasta especially Fettuccine!
To make this recipe I decided to make my own Pumpkin Puree , very easy and the taste is amazing.
I then whisked the Pumpkin Puree together with a little cream and chopped garlic and tossed it with some Fettuccine.
You could actually use your favourite pasta or a short pasta, because Italians say a short pasta holds a cream sauce better. Buon Appetito!
- 1 cup pumpkin purée fresh or canned purée only, drain in a sieve for approximately 10-15 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup cream
- 3 cups cooked al dente fettucine
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped Italian parsley
- In a large pan add olive oil and garlic, cook on low-medium heat 1 minute, add purée, salt, Parmesan and cream, whisk to combine and heat thoroughly approximately 3-5 minutes, if too thick add a little pasta water, then gently add the cooked pasta and stir to combine. Serve immediately topped with freshly grated Parmesan cheese or flakes. Enjoy!
Republished from December 9, 2015