Creamy Italian Pasta Salad, the perfect Summer Pasta recipe made with fresh tomatoes, avocado, zucchini and herbs and a deliciously creamy Homemade Italian Dressing.
I don’t know about you but the question of the day is always “what am I going to feed them today”? If we could eat desserts all day I would have no problem!
But seriously, an Italian will not live on just a sandwich. And lunch is the big meal of the day, which in my opinion is the way it should be.
A salad, a couple of pieces of cheese or prosciutto, some bread or leftovers from lunch and dinner is done.
Now lunch is another story, although I have to admit my husband is not a real freak about having a pasta, a meat or fish dish and of course a veggie dish every single day. But I know most Italians are.
Once summer hits, he’s happy with pasta a couple of times a week, now me I could eat the stuff morning, noon and night with a couple of desserts thrown in for good measure.
Creamy Italian Pasta Salad
A couple of weeks ago when I made my Grilled Chicken and Creamy Italian Dressing I knew that dressing would be perfect with this fresh vegetable Creamy Italian Pasta Salad, and it was.
How to make Creamy Homemade Italian Dressing
- In a medium glass jar or small blender combine the milk, mayonnaise, balsamic and spices.
- Shake well or blend until completely combined and creamy.
- Refrigerate for about 30 minutes to combine the flavours.
A Creamy Homemade Dressing mixed with fresh summer vegetables and bow tie pasta, the perfect summer Pasta Salad dinner idea. Fast and Easy and really tasty. Buon Appetito!
More Delicious Summer Salads
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (110 grams)
- 1/4 cup milk (57.5)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (29.8)
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 10-15 cherry tomatoes halved
- 10-15 mini mozzarella balls halved (or a large cubed)
- 3 strips grilled zucchini
- 1 carrot juilienned
- 1/2 avocado sliced
- fresh basil
- 3 cups cooked pasta (bow ties)
Mix all ingredients in a glass jar and shake well to combine or mix in a blender. Refrigerate for approximately 30 minutes to combine the flavours.
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water until al dente. Drain and rinse with cold water.
In a large bowl add, cooked pasta, cut vegetables, tomatoes, mozzarella add creamy dressing and combine well. Top with fresh basil and serve. Can also be made in advance and refrigerated until serving. Enjoy!
** grill strips of zucchini on a grill or bbq.
Updated from May 15, 2017.