Simple Italian Grilled Zucchini, too many zucchini, just slice them and grill them. Tossed with fresh Italian Parsley, garlic and olive oil. Serve with fresh bread and it’s an amazing appetizer.
No matter where I am, in Italy or Canada there is one thing that I love to do and that is barbecue.
Living in Italy, I have discovered that vegetables can be at their absolute best grilled. Especially zucchini. When you have so many zucchini hanging around this is one of the best way of using them up. Believe me they will be gone in seconds.
This Simple Italian Grilled Zucchini appetizer recipe is perfect when served with crusty Italian bread or with a basic Bruschetta, which is day-old Italian, crusty bread grilled and then drizzled with olive oil and a sprinkle of salt.
If you are looking for a fast and easy side dish, Appetizer or even simple meal, grill up some Zucchini and serve with a tossed salad. The perfect light Summer dinner.
Simple Italian Grilled Zucchini
This is a very simple and refreshing recipe. The perfect party appetizer. And we all know how fun and wonderful summer parties are. Serve with a glass of your favourite white wine, add a couple more Appetizers and invite over some of your favourite people. And let Summer Begin. Buon Appetito!
Simple Italian Grilled zucchini
- 2-3 zucchini (or how many you wish to grill)
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped Italian parsley 7 1/2 grams, if more if needed
- 2-3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/2-1 teaspoon salt 2-4 grams
- 1/4 cup olive oil 30 grams
- wash and trim zucchini, slice zucchini lengthwise (thin but not too thin), grill until tender (careful not to burn) for approximately 1-2 minutes on either side (can be grilled on a barbecue or a pan grill), remove grilled zucchini to a clean plate and continue until all zucchini are grilled.
- In a medium bowl layer zucchini, chopped garlic,chopped Italian parsley, sprinkle with a pinch of salt and 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil, continue with layers until all the zucchini is finished (I usually do 3 layers). Toss gently together, serve with simple bruschetta or Italian crusty bread. Enjoy!