Spare Ribs, baked in a delicious easy sauce, made with honey and soya sauce. Perfect served over rice or on their own.
My Mom’s Spare Ribs To Go will become a Sunday Supper family favourite.
This week for Sunday Supper we decided to share with you our Mom’s Favourite Recipes. The event is being co-hosted by Christie Campbell and Wendy Leep Hammond, and why not check out the other posts listed below, they are all delicious.
I have already shared quite a few of my Mom’s best including her Christmas Cookies, which I can say were always the best on the block! Her Best Meatloaf which is the one I always make, oh and don’t forget those Meatballs.
But if you were to ask the Italian what is his favourite dish that my Mom made it would be hands down these Spare Ribs to Go and for dessert her Pineapple Cream Dessert.
My Mom’s Spareribs to go #SundaySupper
These Ribs are so fast and easy to make, just boil the ribs for about 1 1/2 – 2 hours then combine the soya sauce, ketchup, honey and garlic pour it over the ribs and bake for about 20 minutes.
But the second best thing about this Sparerib Recipe is that you can bake them in the oven or even BBQ them or why not freeze them for later and bake them whenever you get the desire, because believe me you will get the desire. Buon Appetito! Happy Sunday Supper.
- 3 pounds pork ribs 1.5 kilos
- 3/4 cup honey 255 grams
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup 360 grams
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons soya sauce 95.6 grams
- 4 cloves of garlic crushed
In a large pot of boiling salted water cook the ribs for approximately 1 - 1/2 hours or until tender.
Drain and place in a large baking pan.
Pre-heat oven to 400° (200° celsius)
In a medium bowl combine honey, ketchup, soya sauce and garlic, pour over ribs. Turning to coat well. At this point you can either, bake, refrigerate for baking later or freeze.
To finish baking, thaw if frozen, ribs can be removed from sauce and grilled until crisp and browned, basting generously with sauce. Ribs can also be heated in the oven right in the baking pan for approximately 20 minutes, or heated on the stove either way turn occasionally as sauce will thicken to form a glaze. Serve immediately over rice if desired. Enjoy!
More amazing Spring Recipes to Check Out from the Sunday Supper Bloggers.
Starters (Appetizers, Beverages, Breakfast):
- Banana Bread Baked Oatmeal by Cooking With Carlee
- Frozen Pina Colada by The Redhead Baker
- Goats Cheese Rolls with Honey and Thyme by Manu’s Menu
- Mom’s Banana Bread by Family Around the Table
- Mom’s Famous Poppy Seed Bread With A Citrus Glaze by And She Cooks
- Mom’s Wine Spritzer by Momma’s Meals
Salads, Side Dishes, and Sauces:
- Asiago Bruschetta Roasted Asparagus by Flavor Mosaic
- Italian Country Salad by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Mom’s Cucumbers in Vinegar by Simple And Savory
- Mom’s Homemade Perogies by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Mom’s Potato Salad by Palatable Pastime
- Polish Haluski (Pan Fried Noodles & Sauerkraut) by The Crumby Cupcake
- Spinach Salad with Simple Vinaigrette by Cooking Chat
- Zippy Barbecue Sauce by Amee’s Savory Dish
- Chicken and Egg Salad Sandwich by The Freshman Cook
- Grilled Chicken with Poblano Cream Sauce by Casa de Crews
- Fried Smelt by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Granny Smith’s Meatloaf by Get the Good Stuff!
- Jean’s Best Vegetable Soup by Food Lust People Love
- Lemon & Garlic Herbed Roasted Chicken by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Mama’s Favorite Southern Fried Chicken by The Chef Next Door
- Mom’s Cheese & Onion Enchiladas by The TipToe Fairy
- Mom’s Lentil Toastadas by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Mom’s Moussaka by My Life Cookbook
- Shirley’s Potato Soup by Our Good Life
- Mom’s Spare Ribs To Go by An Italian in my Kitchen
- Mom’s Sukiyaki: Japanese Beef and Vegetables Hot Pot by Asian In America
- Myra’s Super Supper by Tramplingrose
- Pizza Meatloaf by A Mind Full Mom
- Slow Cooker Cabbage Rolls by Cookin’ Mimi
- Apple Bread Pudding with Butterscotch Sauce by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Apple Crisp by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Baklava by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Brown Sugar Pudding by Un Assaggio of Food, Wine & Marriage
- Butter Balls by Feeding and More
- Carrot Cream Cheese Coffee Cake by Pies and Plots
- Chocolate Cherry Truffle Cheesecake by What Smells So Good?
- Crustless Pecan Pie Rice Pudding by Desserts Required
- Double Layer Chocolate Cake with Red Wine Chocolate Buttercream by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Easy Classic Date Squares by She Loves Biscotti
- Gluten Free Strawberry Rhubarb Cake by What The Fork Food Blog
- Homemade Chocolate Cherry Candies by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Hungarian Crepes: Palacsinta by My Gourmet Connection
- Lemon Cookies with White Chocolate and Mint by The Finer Cookie
- Lemon Pound Cake with Lemon Glaze and Roasted Strawberries by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Mom’s Apple Pie by Wholistic Woman
- Mom’s Famous White Icing by Monica’s Table
- Moms Mayonnaise Cake by My World Simplified
- Pavlova with Raspberries and Cream by Caroline’s Cooking
- Rocky Road Brownie Sundae for Mom by The Weekend Gourmet
- Rose Shortbread Cookies by Baking Sense
- Sour Cream Cheesecake by Magnolia Days
Plus What Mom Really Wants for Mother’s Day plus Mom’s Favorite from Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.