A delicious Italian Pastry Recipe, filled with a simple Homemade Apricot Jam makes this Crumb Pie the perfect end to summer as a dessert or snack.
Apricot Jam Crumb Pie
A couple of weeks ago I made Apricot Jam, thanks to our Apricot tree that out did itself this year! We had apricots for everyone. These weren’t your regular little ones these things were the size of peaches!
This month for my little get together with my three blogger friends we decided to Celebrate the end of Summer with Summer Produce.
So I decided that my Apricot Jam would be the perfect end of Summer produce, and perfect as a filling for this Crumb Pie. And to tell the truth with the heat that we are experiencing in Italy right now, I really look forward to Apples and Cinnamon!
Putting it Together
What I like about crumb pies or cakes is there is no need for kneading the dough or rolling it out, just spread the crumbs, cover it with some homemade Jam and bake.
Doesn’t hurt to top it off with a good scoop of ice cream!
Ingredients for Crumb Pie
- baking powder
- Jam (you could make my Homemade Apricot Jam or use your Jam of choice)
And that’s it!
More Delicious Pies you may enjoy
So if you are looking for something to serve at an end of Summer get together or BBQ than this is the Crumb Pie for you. Enjoy!
Homemade Apricot Jam Crumb Pie
CRUMB PIE DOUGH
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/3 cup + 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup jam** (more or less to make thin layer,)
**you could use my Homemade Apricot Jam or any Jam of choice.
- Pre-heat oven to 350° (180° celsius). Grease and flour an 8" pie pan (20 centimeter). A spring form pan is my recommendation.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt, add butter using a pastry blender or fork combine to form a crumbly mixture, add egg and continue to mix only until still crumbly.
- Add approximately 2/3 of the crumbly mixture to the cake pan, lightly press down on the crumbs to firm it up slightly, spread the jam evenly on top and sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake for approximately 30-40 minutes or until lightly golden on top. Let cool. Serve with vanilla ice cream if desired. Enjoy!
THE TASTE CREATIONS BLOG HOP HAPPENS ON THE 1ST MONDAY OF EVERY MONTH. EVERY MONTH, MYSELF AND 3 OTHER BLOGGERS CHALLENGE OURSELVES TO MAKE SOMETHING WITH A CHOSEN INGREDIENT. HOPE YOU WILL CHECK OUT THEIR DELICIOUS RECIPES TOO. AND HAVE A GREAT WEEK EVERYONE!
TERRI AT OUR GOOD LIFE – Vegetable Garden Soup with Italian Meatballs
NIKKI AT TIKKIDO – No Churn Peach Ice Cream
LAUREN AT MOM HOME GUIDE – Grilled Chicken Avocado & Bacon Caprese Salad