This Easy Swirled Cinnamon Bread is a moist quick bread that makes any breakfast or snack time better. Quick and easy to make you will this will become a new favourite!
One of the things I love most about fall is definitely cinnamon. I could eat it in pretty much everything, from Scones to Shortbread and even Bagels. But there really is nothing better than a slice of a Cinnamon Sweet Bread. It’s delicious anytime, at breakfast or snack with a coffee or tea. Try it.
How to make it
In a small bowl mix together the cinnamon, brown sugar and butter, this will be used as the swirl.
In a large bowl beat together the sour milk, melted butter, eggs and vanilla. In a large bowl whisk together the flour, sugars, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix just until combined, the batter will be a little lumpy. Do not over mix as this will cause a tough heavy bread.
Spoon half the batter into the prepared loaf pan, top with half the cinnamon mixture and swirl with the tip of a knife, top with the remaining batter and remaining cinnamon mixture. Swirl again and bake in the pre-heated oven. Let cool before serving.
Is Cinnamon good for you?
Apparently it is, cinnamon can help lower blood sugar levels, reduce heart disease risk factors and more. Not only does it taste good it’s good for you too. Of course like anything it should be eaten in the correct amounts.
How to make sour milk
In a one cup measurement add 1 tablespoon of either lemon juice or white vinegar, then top with milk to reach 1 cup. Let sit for about 10 minutes before using.
Why use room temperature ingredients?
Room temperature ingredients trap air which causes them to expand in the oven, for this reason they will help produce a light and soft textured bake. They also bind together much better when mixing, which will produce a smooth silky batter.
How to store it
The Cinnamon Bread should be stored in an airtight container or bag, it will keep at room temperature for up to 3 days. You can also freeze it, either in individual slices or a whole loaf wrapped in plastic wrap and placed in a freezer safe bag or container. It can be frozen for up to 1 month.
More Delicious Quick Breads
So if you are looking for the perfect Fall Cinnamon Bread then I hope you give this Easy Swirled Cinnamon Bread a try, and let me know how it turns out. Enjoy!
Easy Swirled Cinnamon Bread
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar (lightly packed)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter (softened)
- 2 cups all purpose flour (260 grams)
- ½ cup granulated sugar (100 grams)
- ½ cup brown sugar (lightly packed) (90 grams)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup sour milk* (room temperature) (240 grams)
- ¼ cup butter (melted & cooled) (56 grams)
- 2 large eggs (room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
*In a measuring cup add 1 tablespoon (15 grams) of white vinegar or lemon juice, add enough milk to make 1 cup (225 grams), let sit 10 minutes before using.
For room temperature remove from fridge 30-45 minutes before using.
- Pre-heat oven to 350F (180C). Lightly grease and flour a 9 inch (22-23 cm) loaf pan.
- In a small bowl mix together the cinnamon, brown sugar and butter, this will be used as the swirl.
- In a large bowl beat together the sour milk, melted butter, eggs and vanilla for about 1 minute until combined. In a large bowl whisk together the flour, sugars, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix just until combined. It will be a bit lumpy. Do not over mix as this will cause a tough heavy bread.
- Spoon half the batter into the prepared loaf pan, top with half the cinnamon mixture and swirl with the tip of a knife, top with the remaining batter and remaining cinnamon mixture. Swirl again and bake for approximately 45-50 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean. Let cool in the pan for approximately 15-20 minutes then move to a wire rack. Let cool completely before slicing and serving. Enjoy!
Today is also Taste Creations Week! Please check out these other delicious Bread Recipes from my Food Blogger Friends.
Terri from Our Good Life – Pumpkin Beer Bread
Nikki from Tikkido – Jalapeno Cheddar Bagel Recipe
Lauren from Mom Home Guide – Cheddar & Green Onion Quick Bread