The perfect Fall Pumpkin bread. A quick and easy loaf made with pumpkin puree and chopped nuts. Slice it for Breakfast, Snack or why not even dessert?
I have spent the last few weeks in Toronto and a few days with the Italian in Charlottetown PEI. What a beautiful part of Canada it is.
Everywhere there were Harvest porches, with pumpkins of every size. And of course the start of the changing colours of the trees is breathtaking.
So what a better way to celebrate Harvest than with a delicious Moist Pumpkin Bread. With no need for a mixer this loaf is quick and easy to make.
You can either use homemade or store bought Pumpkin Puree, add the perfect fall spices and of course your choice of nuts to bring together a tasty Autumn sweet bread.
How to make Pumpkin Bread
- Whisk flour, salt, soda and spices.
- In a large bowl combine well the pumpkin puree, eggs, oil, water and sugar.
- Add the flour mixture and nuts to the puree mixture and stir just to combine.
- Pour into the prepared loaf pan and bake.
- Let cool before serving.
The best nuts for adding to Pumpkin
The best nuts for pumpkin are pecans (that is what I used in this bread), walnut or even hazelnuts.
How to store Pumpkin Loaf
Tightly wrap the cooled bread in plastic, it can be kept at room temperature for two to three days. If you prefer you can store it in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
This sweet bread can also be frozen. Tightly wrap the bread in plastic then place in a freezer bag or container. It will keep for up to three months in the freezer.
More delicious Pumpkin Recipes
This is one of those loaves that really doesn’t need a glaze or frosting, it is good just they way it is. So if you want to give it a try let me know what you think. Enjoy!
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1 pinch ginger
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup light olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (pecans, walnuts or hazelnuts)
- Pre-heat oven to 350F (180C). Lightly grease and flour an 8 1/2 inch loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger.
- In a large bowl add the puree, eggs, oil, water and sugar and combine well.
- Add the flour mixture and the nuts to the the puree mixture and mix just until combined. About 15-16 stirs.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for approximately 50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool completely before slicing and serving. Enjoy!