An easy Strawberry Pie that can be made with a simple pie crust or this tasty Chocolate Puff Pastry crust. The perfect spring or summer dessert recipe.
How to make it
If making the pie by hand – roll the dough to approximately 1/8 inch thickness or a bit thicker if you prefer, then place it in the prepared pie plate, prick the bottom well with a fork.
Cover the dough with parchment paper and pie weights or beans, bake for about 15-20 minutes.
Remove the paper and weights and bake for another few minutes.
Let the baked pie pastry cool, then spread with strawberry jam, top with 2 layers of sliced strawberries.
And stabilized whipped cream.
Decorate with more strawberries and chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
How to make stablilzed whipped cream?
There are actually a few ways of making Stablilized Whipped Cream, from mascarpone, gelatine to cornstarch.
What is the best dough to use?
How to blind bake
Prick the bottom of the crust well with a fork. Cover the bottom of the crust with parchment paper and add dried beans or pie weights on top, bake in a pre-heated 350F (180C) oven for approximately 20 minutes (if pie is not baked, then bake for an additional 5 – 10 minutes without the beans). If pre-baking for a fruit filling then bake for only 5-6 minutes. Remove from the oven, remove paper and beans, let cool completely before filling.
Tips for making the best pie
To keep the bottom of the pie from getting soggy, a light layer of strawberry jam will help, or make the crust a little thicker than 1/8 inch. To help the pie keep its shape be sure to make a stablilized whipped cream.
Should strawberries be refrigerated?
Fresh strawberries can be kept on the counter for 1-2 days, 1 day if they have been cut, up to 2 days if they are kept whole. If you want them to last longer keep them refrigerated for 5-7 days if whole and up to 3 days if cut. They can also be Frozen, and will last up to 1 year. If leaving strawberries whole, don’t rinse them until you use them.
Can you use frozen strawberries?
Yes frozen can be used, be sure to thaw them and pat dry to remove any extra moisture.
How to store the pie
The pie should be covered loosely in plastic and stored in the refrigerator, it will last up to 4-5 days in the fridge.
More Delicious Pie Recipes
So If you are looking for a delicious pie recipe to make with your Chocolate Puff Pastry or your favourite pie dough I hope you try this Fresh Strawberry Pie.
Chocolate Puff Pastry Strawberry Pie
- 1 pie crust (homemade or store-bought)
- 3-4 tablespoons strawberry jam
- 1-2 cups sliced strawberries
- ½ cup mascarpone
- 1 ½ cups whole/whipping/heavy cream
- 1-2 tablespoons icing/powdered sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 350F (180C). Lightly grease and flour an 8 or 9 inch (20 or 22 cm) pie pan.
- If making the pie crust by hand – roll the dough to approximately 1/8 inch thickness then place it in the prepared pie plate, prick the bottom well with a fork.
- Cover the bottom of the crust with parchment paper and add dried beans or pie weights on top, bake for approximately 18-20 minutes, remove the parchment paper and weights from the pie, if it is not completely baked then bake for an additional 5 – 10 minutes without the bean. Let cool completely before continuing with the recipe.
- Once cool spread the top of the crust with the strawberry jam, top with the half the sliced strawberries, spread half the cream on top, add the remaining strawberries and cream. Decorate with more strawberries and chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
STABLIZED WHIPPED CREAM
- In a large bowl beat until very thick the mascarpone, cream and sugar.