Italian Mascarpone Marble Cake is a delicious soft cake, with the perfect hint of chocolate. The creamy Chocolate Glaze makes it perfect.
This Marble Cake with Mascarpone has become a favourite in our home, with or without glaze.
I have been baking up a storm for the past four or five months, writing a Cookbook is not an easy task. Especially when I also want to make lots of recipes for the blog too.
So needless to say sometimes mistakes happen. And I can now show you what happens when you forget baking powder in a cake recipe.
Big difference right? The cake without the baking powder, was extremely heavy and flat and even the colour was a bit off.
After about 20 minutes in the oven I looked in and I knew there was something wrong. It sure didn’t look the same as the other couple of times.
The first thing I thought of was baking powder, because I remembered measuring the flour but there was no whisk to be found lying around or in the sink.
Which means I added nothing to the flour and a flat cake was baked.
More Easy Cake Recipes you may Enjoy!
It’s a good thing this is an easy cake to make so naturally I made another one and decided to show you my mistake.
The second time this Italian Mascarpone Marble Cake was perfect. Especially with the simple chocolate glaze it makes the perfect after dinner dessert, a scoop of ice cream probably wouldn’t hurt either!
I hope you enjoy this Marble Cake and have a wonderful Christmas. Merry Christmas Everyone.
Italian Marble Cake
FOR THE CAKE
- 2 cups + 2 tablespoons cake/pastry flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 large eggs (room temperature)
- 1⅓ cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil ( I use sunflower or corn oil)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ cup +2 tablespoons milk (room temperature)
- 1½ tablespoons dutch processed cocoa (sifted)
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
- 3 ounces dark chocolate (good quality)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Pre-heat oven to 350F (180C). Grease and flour a 9 inch (23 cm) bundt pan.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl beat on medium speed (#3) the eggs and sugar for approximately 5 minutes, until light and fluffy.
- Slowly add the vegetable oil and vanilla, beating to combine. Then add the flour mixture a little at a time, beating between additions. Add the milk and beat to combine. Pour two-thirds of the cake batter into the prepared pan.
- Add the cocoa powder to the remaining one-third of the batter and stir until well combined. Spoon the cocoa batter on top of the plain batter and swirl lightly with the tip of a knife.
- Bake for approximately 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean or with a couple of crumbs attached. Let the cake cool completely and dust it with powdered sugar or drizzle with the chocolate glaze if desired before serving.
- In a small pot heat the sweetened condensed milk and the chocolate, stir until smooth, remove from heat and add the vanilla, combine, let cool slightly before pouring over cake.