Italian Mascarpone Marble Cake is a delicious soft cake, with the perfect hint of chocolate. The creamy Chocolate Glaze makes it perfect.
This Marble Cake with Mascarpone has become a favourite in our home, with or without glaze.
I have been baking up a storm for the past four or five months, writing a Cookbook is not an easy task. Especially when I also want to make lots of recipes for the blog too.
Be sure to watch the video!
So needless to say sometimes mistakes happen. And I can now show you what happens when you forget baking powder in a cake recipe.
Big difference right? The cake without the baking powder, was extremely heavy and flat and even the colour was a bit off.
After about 20 minutes in the oven I looked in and I knew there was something wrong. It sure didn’t look the same as the other couple of times.
The first thing I thought of was baking powder, because I remembered measuring the flour but there was no whisk to be found lying around or in the sink.
Which means I added nothing to the flour and a flat cake was baked.
More Easy Cake Recipes you may Enjoy!
It’s a good thing this is an easy cake to make so naturally I made another one and decided to show you my mistake.
The second time this Italian Mascarpone Marble Cake was perfect. Especially with the simple chocolate glaze it makes the perfect after dinner dessert, a scoop of ice cream probably wouldn’t hurt either!
I hope you enjoy this Marble Cake and have a wonderful Christmas. Merry Christmas Everyone.
Italian Mascarpone Marble Cake
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup mascarpone (remove from fridge 30 minutes before using)
- 1/4 cup butter (melted and slightly cooled)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups + 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
- 3 ounces dark chocolate (good quality)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Pre-heat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 9 inch bundt pan.
- In a large bowl beat on medium speed eggs and sugar until light and creamy for 5 minutes, then add the mascarpone and beat, then add the melted (cooled) butter and vanilla, combine well.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add the flour mixture alternately with the milk to the creamed mixture. Beat until smooth.
- Pour 2/3 of the mixture into prepared pan the remaining 1/3 stir in the cocoa and pour over the top of the batter, swirl slightly with the tip of a knife, bake for approximately 40-50 minutes, check for doneness with a toothpick. (make take longer, depends on the oven). Cool completely before topping with glaze. Enjoy!
- In a small pot heat the sweetened condensed milk and the chocolate, stir until smooth, remove from heat and add the vanilla, combine, let cool slightly before pouring over cake.