No-Bake Nutella Cookie Crust Double Chocolate Cheesecake, fast and easy, a no egg cheesecake. White Chocolate, Dark Chocolate and Nutella. What a Perfect combination.
No Bake Nutella Cookie Crust Double Chocolate Cheesecake
You can’t always make people happy all of the time! So when my youngest daughter, the Nutella Queen insisted that I hadn’t made anything Nutella related in a while, I kind of had to agree.
But what? You can only Stuff it in so many things. My mind was hard at work. And since we were having friends over for dinner and they are my perfect guinea pigs, I thought they would be happy to try my new creation!
Double Chocolate Cheesecake
They absolutely love cheesecake. One of our friends is an amazing cook who was also telling me that he has no luck with making desserts. Once he made a cheesecake with 12 eggs! What?
That wasn’t a cheesecake it was a frittata! Haha, he said it weighed a ton.
No need to fret, I have no eggs in this No Bake Nutella Cookie Crust Double Chocolate Cheesecake . But I do have an amazing crust,
I decided that instead of using the usual cookie and butter crust or Oreo cookie crust, which, ok don’t hate me, is not my favourite, I would switch it up a bit.
And so I made a cookie crumb Nutella crust. Worked like a charm. All you have to do is place some Nutella in a bowl, place it over a pot with some water (make sure the water does not touch the plate).
Let the water boil on low and this will thin it up within 10 minutes. Mix them together and there you have a crust that you’ll love! They were made for each other.
I thought a nice white creamy cheesecake would be a perfect companion with a semi sweet chocolate topping, and I was right.
The first time I made these bars back in July 2015 my daughter and friends in Italy loved them, and since I have re made these No Bake Nutella Cookie Crust Double Chocolate Cheesecake Bars a few times in the last week I can honestly say they were an even bigger hit! Enjoy!
Other Nutella Recipes to Try!
Nutella Kit Kat Oreo Ice Cream Cake
Easy Italian Puff Pastry Balls
Nutella Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
No Bake Nutella Cookie Crust Double Chocolate Cheesecake
- FOR THE BASE
- 1 1/4 cup cookie crumbs use a butter/cream vanilla based cookie or substitute with graham cracker crumbs (105 grams)
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon Nutella (91 1/2 grams)
- FOR THE WHITE CHOCOLATE FILLING
- 1 cup cream cheese (225 grams)
- 3/4 cup whipping cream (180 ml)
- 1 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 3 ounces white chocolate (90 grams)
- 3 1/2 ounces dark chocolate (100 grams)
- Line a deep 9x9x2 inch ( 22x22x5 centimeters) baking dish with parchment paper. (scrunch up the paper and fit into pan)
- Place the Nutella in a small bowl, place the bowl on a small pot with some water (do not let the water touch the bowl with Nutella) place on medium heat to boil, continue on a soft boil for approximately 10 minutes or until the Nutella becomes quite thin.
- Remove from heat and mix with cookie crumbs, place in the bottom of the baking pan, press down firmly, refrigerate. Continue with the White Chocolate Filling while the crust is in the fridge.
- Melt the white chocolate the same way you melted the Nutella, the only difference is let the white chocolate cool (not cold)
- In a medium bowl whip the cream until stiff.
- In a medium bowl beat together cream cheese, sugar and cooled white chocolate, fold in whipped cream.
- Remove crumb crust from fridge, spread white chocolate mixture on top.
- Melt dark chocolate the same as the Nutella. Let cool (not cold).
- Drizzle cool dark chocolate over the filling and swirl with the tip of a knife.
- Refrigerate for approximately 5-6 hours or over-night. Enjoy!
YUM!!! Thank you so much for linking up at Tasty Tuesday! This post has been pinned on the Tasty Tuesday Pinterest board! I love having you and can’t wait to see you next week!
Oh, my, that looks delicious! Thanks for sharing.
Kristen from The Road to Domestication says
Well, my goodness, that looks amazing! Thanks so much for taking the time to link up with us over at the #HomeMattersParty – we hope to see you again on Friday!
Dini @ The Flavor Bender says
Wow!!! This looks delicious! 😀 I’m sold on anything to do with Nutella too! 🙂 I love that you didn’t add gelatin into the no bake cheesecake… it looks so creamy and I can’t wait to try this! Thank you for linking up at #SaucySaturdays!!
Robin @ thebakingexchange says
looks dreamy! 🙂 Cool how you invented this recipe without any other reference, well done! 🙂
Julie is Hostess At Heart says
This Cheesecake looks amazing! No eggs…what? I am obsessed with Nutella. My daughter brought it home from France and refused to share. I really didn’t mind. But now that I’ve had some of the good stuff? It’s not same in my house! Beautiful dessert!
This looks sooo good! And given my lifelong devotion to nutella, I think I will have to give these a go soon! Thanks for linking up at #Saucy Saturdays
Cathleen @ A Taste of Madness says
Your daughter had the right kind of idea! I love anything with nutella, and when you are mixing it with cheesecake?? Genius! (Also, I can’t imagine a cheesecake with 12 eggs!!)
Thanks Cathleen, my daughter inspires me with her love for Nutella.
Michelle @ Giraffes Can Bake says
Yes!!! This is amazing! I’m always looking for new ways to have nutella, me and your daughter would get on well haha! Gotta try these
Jhuls | The Not So Creative Cook says
This looks awesome. I love Nutella, too. #SaucySaturday
I have a nutella queen, too! She will adore this. And she’s not the only one 😉 Thanks for linking to #SaucySaturdays.
I absolutely love this recipe! I want a slice right now! Nutella and cheesecake…two of my favorites! I am so glad you shared it with us at #FoodieFriDIY! Pinning and sharing!
Marisa Franca @ All Our Way says
Great idea!! We love Nutella and we have a large container of Nutella — it is a staple in our house. I’ve caught Hubby sneaking into the jar with his spoon 🙂 That Nutella crust would be great with other fillings too. My mind is whirling with possibilities!! Gracie and Buona Giornata!
OMG! We don’t keep nutella in the house because we simply eat it straight from the jar. Well, guess I’ll be buying some now. This recipe looks great. I especially like the idea of a “nutella” crust. I would think we could substitute any filling. You are just simply amazing.
Hi Ann, Thanks so much, and I am sure you substitute any filling, let me know what you whip up!
Your friends were some lucky guinea pigs–these bars look insane!
Thanks so much, they are great they will try anything once.