These Parmesan Potatoes are a fast and delicious baked potato recipe. They make the perfect side dish to any meal or serve with your favorite dip and they become a tasty appetizer! Crispy on the outside and soft and tender on the inside. Quick, easy and so good!
I think you all know by now how much I love Italian Bread, Pasta and of course potatoes, some of our on rotation potato recipes include Rosemary baked potatoes, Potato gnocchi or how about a delicious Italian Potato soup?
Crispy Parmesan Potatoes have become one of our new can’t-get-enough recipes. Baked with one of my favorite cheese, I hope you love them as much as we do!
- Flour – all purpose flour
- Parmesan cheese – freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Parsley – freshly chopped Italian / flat leaf parsley
- Black pepper – optional
- Olive oil – extra virgin olive oil or even melted butter
The Best Potatoes for Baking
To have the best baked potatoes you are going to want a medium or high starch potato, which includes the Russet, Yukon Gold Potatoes and Red Potatoes.
How to make Baked Parmesan Potatoes
Peel and slice the potatoes into thick slices, place the slices in a large bowl of cold water, let sit for 20 minutes. Then drain well and towel dry.
On a small plate whisk together the flour, parmesan cheese, parsley and salt, if you wish you can add a dash or two of black pepper.
Brush one side of the potato slices with olive oil and then coat in parmesan cheese mixture place on the prepared baking sheet coating side down.
Brush top side of slices with olive oil and sprinkle with remaining parmesan mixture. Spray or drizzle with a little extra olive oil.
Bake in the pre-heated oven until golden brown, if needed broil for a couple of minutes. Sprinkle with a little salt and serve the parmesan crusted potatoes immediately.
Variations for parmesan-roasted potatoes
You could a little garlic powder or paprika instead of black pepper, or fresh herbs such as oregano, thyme or even some finely chopped fresh rosemary.
What to serve with the baked potato rounds?
I like to serve these potatoes with a simple mayo dip or as is as a side dish with Italian baked pork chops, Italian pan fried Chicken or even with your favorite cut of steak, they taste delicious with almost anything!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my disclosure policy.
Can I make them in an air fryer?
Yes you can use an air fryer to make these, they take approximately 15-20 minutes to bake and at a temperature of 400F (200C).
Tips for making the best Parmesan Potato Rounds
- Baked Potato Rounds are best when served warm, right after cooking.
- Be sure to use the proper potato for baking
- It’s a good idea to slice the potatoes all around the same size so that they cook evenly at the same time.
What sauces are good for dipping baked potato rounds?
Mayo with chopped parsley, ketchup, sour cream with chopped fresh chives, or ranch dip would all go well with easy baked parmesan potato rounds.
How long should baked potato rounds be in the oven?
They should be in the oven at 375°F for around 25 minutes or until golden brown. Broiling for the last few minutes really helps give them that golden brown color and crispness.
Why do you soak potato slices in water?
Soaking potatoes in water helps to remove excess starch. The starch in potatoes can create a sticky layer, and won’t allow them to cook properly if not removed first. It also helps them from turning brown.
Why won’t my potatoes get crispy in the oven?
The oven must be hot enough for the potatoes to get crispy in the oven. Be sure to preheat the oven before adding your baking sheet of potatoes. If your potatoes are sliced extremely thick, they may need to bake longer. (If they are sliced thin, they may need to be baked for less time).
How to store leftover parmesan potatoes?
These are best served and eaten as soon as they are baked, although if you do have leftovers, place them in an airtight container and microwave or warm in a pre-heated oven before serving. They will last 2-3 days in the fridge.
These Easy Baked Parmesan Potatoes are perfect serveed with your favourite dip or sauce. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do! Buon Appetito!
Easy Baked Parmesan Potatoes
- 6 medium potatoes
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- ⅓ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- Peel and slice potatoes into thick slices, approximately ¼ inch thick, then place slices in a large bowl of cold water, let sit for 20 minutes. Then drain well and towel dry.
- Pre heat oven to 375F (190C), line a large baking sheet or two with parchment paper.
- On a small plate whisk together the flour, parmesan cheese, parsley and salt.
- Brush one side of the potato slices with olive oil and then coat in parmesan cheese mixture place on prepared cookie sheet coating side down.
- Brush top side of slices with olive oil and sprinkle with remaining parmesan mixture. Spray or drizzle with a little extra olive oil.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes, the last 3-6 minutes place under the broiler if desired (for extra browning). Sprinkle with a little salt and serve immediately. Enjoy.
- **I serve mine with some mayo and chopped fresh parsley.
Updated from December 15, 2017.