Italian Fried Chicken, pan fried in a little olive oil and a few Italian spices, makes this a quick and easy chicken dinner for any day of the week!
Pan Fried Chicken
Italian Fried Chicken, one of my family’s favourite dinners. If you are looking for something quick and easy and so good, then this is it. No need for any heavy bread covered chicken, just a few spices and pan frying!
Delicious Side Dishes to serve with Fried Chicken
What a wonderful Saturday I spent with my husband and my two daughters. After much planning, almost 10 years, we finally got our act together and went to visit some friends in one of the most beautiful provinces in Italy.
A place called Viterbo and the town we visited is called Soriano once again I put on my walking shoes and played tourist to take in this “take your breath away” beautiful town.
Ahhh but one thing I love about Italy is that Italians love to stop two or three times during their walk for a cold drink or better yet a gelato. And gelato I ate.
It never seems to amaze me that in Italy even an abandoned building has its beauty.
If you ever visit Italy be sure to take a side trip to Viterbo!
It is not a big secret that besides gelato I absolutely love pasta, but I have to admit there are some meat dishes that I enjoy making and eating almost as much as pasta and this Italian Fried Chicken is one of them.
How is Fried Chicken made?
- Place a little olive oil in a pan,
- add the chicken pieces legs, thighs or breast you decide,
- sprinkle with a few spices including rosemary and oregano,
- add a little water and simmer covered for about 20 minutes,
- then remove the lid turn up the heat and let it fry to perfection! So good.
This quick and easy Fried Chicken Recipe makes the perfect any night of the week meal. Buon Appetito!
Italian fried chicken
- 4 chicken legs (or thighs or breasts)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons oregano
- pinch of thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 sprigs rosemary (remove the leaves)
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup water
- In a medium- sized frying pan add 2 tablespoons (26 grams) olive oil, add the chicken legs, sprinkle with half of the ingredients oregano, thyme, salt, rosemary leaves and chopped garlic turn the legs and sprinkle with the remaining ingredients.
- Add the water and cover cook on high heat until boiling then lower heat to low/ medium for approximately 35 minutes (check occasionally), check for doneness after 30 minutes**, if cooked remove cover raise the heat and cook until water has evaporated. Turning to brown on both sides. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
- ** you can check to make sure they are done by using an instant-read thermometer (the chicken should be at least 165°F when cooked)
Republished from August 2014