A refreshing Slushie that is so easy to make. Using just a blender and a few ingredients, including fresh raspberries and your favourite Prosecco or sparking wine. The perfect hot weather or even special occasion drink.
I can remember way back when, when my Mom would make Slush. She got a recipe from my best friend’s Mom. This recipe was made in the freezer. It was made with frozen concentrated lemonade and vodka. Oh was it good.
Unfortunately no Lemonade Concentrate for me in Italy, but I do know what I’m going to make this summer back home. Yup an old fashioned Slush. Just like my Mom used to make!
Not that this Prosecco Drink is not delicious, it sure is. I adore Prosecco. Especially a really dry one. I love the fizziness. I guess that is why I have such a hard time getting used to flat water when I go back home, I always miss fizzy water.
Whatever you call it or however you spell it Slush, Slushie, Slushy, this is one of the most refreshing drinks. And one of the easiest drinks to make. All you need is a blender, some ice and don’t forget a little Prosecco. I am sure a sparkling wine would work too.
How to make a Slushie
- Into the blender goes the fresh raspberries,
- a couple of cups of ice.
- Prosecco or sparkling wine of choice.
- A little lemon juice.
- And I like to use a little honey for sweetening, but sugar would work too.
- Blend until mixed. Then serve immediately and sit back and enjoy!
Different ways to make it
- With a blender.
- With an ice cream maker.
- Using the freezer.
All are made with basically the same ingredients. Liquid (water or alcohol), flavouring (whether fresh fruit or artificial flavouring), sweetener (sugar or honey) and ice. Although ice is not used in the freezer method.
More Warm Weather Recipes
I would love it if my Mom was here for Mother’s Day, I am sure she would have loved this take on her delicious Vodka Slushie.
To Everyone who is a mother, is going to be a mother or is a mother in anyway. Cheers. You deserve a tasty Raspberry Slush. Enjoy!
Prosecco Raspberry Slushie
- 3 cups fresh raspberries
- 2 cups ice
- 1/2 cup Prosecco
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey (or more to taste)
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend on high for approximately one minute. Remove the lid and with a wooden spoon check to make sure there are no chunks of ice, if there are blend again for 20 seconds. Serve immediately in champagne glasses or glasses of choice. Enjoy.