This Easy Chocolate Chip Bread is a delicious moist quick loaf made with greek yogurt and chocolate chips. The Perfect Breakfast or snack bread.
Easy Yogurt Chocolate Chip Bread
Ok everyone I am back with my obsession with Greek yogurt! The other day my daughters and I were talking and they asked me what I preferred baking or cooking.
Hmmmm that’s a tough one I really enjoy them both. I actually find cooking easier because I never measure anything. Just a little of this and a little of that. Until it all tastes pretty darn good.
That is until I started a food blog of course and then I had to start measuring everything.
So I guess if I had to pick one, today I would say baking (tomorrow who knows)? I think baking takes a little more patience and precision.
And something sweet and homemade makes everyone so happy.
How to make a Yogurt Chocolate Chip Bread
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, chocolate chips and nuts.
- In another large bowl with a whisk, gently combine the oil, sugar, yogurt, eggs and egg yolk.
- Fold in the flour mixture to the wet mixture with a spatula just until all the flour has been combined (don’t over mix).
- Add to prepared loaf/cake pan and bake for approximately 30-35 minutes, check for doneness with a toothpick.
- Let cool 5 minutes and then remove to a wire rack.
- Dust with powdered sugar when cooled if desired.
What does yogurt do in baking?
Because of the acidity in yogurt it helps to relax the gluten therefore making the bread more tender.
More delicious Recipes made with Yogurt
How to store Yogurt Chocolate Chip Bread
To store the yogurt bread or other quick breads, be sure to place them in an airtight bag and store at room temperature. It will keep for up to 2-3 days. Or store in the fridge for up to 6 days.
To freeze the quick-bread be sure to wrap them tightly in plastic wrap and then place in a freezer bag or air-tight container. It will keep for up to three months in the freezer.
So if you haven’t tried baking with yogurt then I hope you give it a try with these Easy Yogurt Chocolate Chip Bread! And let me know what you think. Enjoy!
Easy Yogurt Chocolate Chip Bread
- 2 cups cake flour*
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup semi sweet mini chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup ground walnuts (if desired)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
*to make cake flour - from one cup of all purpose flour remove 2 tablespoons and replace with 2 tablespoons of cornstarch, sift together to combine.
- Pre-heat oven to 340° (170° celsius) lightly grease and flour a 8 1/2 inch (22 centimeter cake or loaf pan)
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, chocolate chips and nuts.
- In a large bowl with a whisk gently combine oil, sugar, yogurt, milk, eggs and egg yolk.
- Fold in the flour mixture to the wet mixture with a spatula, just until all the flour has been combined (don't over mix).
- Add to prepared loaf/cake pan and bake for approximately 30-35 minutes, check for doneness with a toothpick, let cool 5 minutes and remove to a wire rack, dust with powdered sugar when cool if desired. Enjoy!
Updated from April 12, 2015.