Vanilla Baked Donuts are so easy to make, the addition of Greek Yogurt makes these donuts soft and moist. Perfect plain or just as delicious with an easy Chocolate topping.
Either way these Chocolate Dipped Vanilla Cake Donuts are a tasty breakfast, snack or dessert recipe.
Vanilla Baked Donuts
Donuts! I thought donuts especially Baked Donuts would be a great way to celebrate my second blog anniversary, yes how time flies.
I also hoped you noticed An Italian in my Kitchen has a bit of a new look, what do you think? Do you like it? And well, it is almost Valentine’s Day, so what the heck, donuts for everyone.
Ever since I first made cake donuts, Mocha Cake Donuts to be exact, I have been obsessed with them.
It doesn’t help that the Italian eggs me on by letting me know that yes, my cake donuts are exactly what he was looking for, soft and absolutely yummy!
Or should I say, perfect for morning café-latte-dunking. My poor Vanilla Cake Donuts.
What makes Baked Donuts so soft?
The addition of milk and greek yogurt are what helps to make these donuts soft.
How long to bake Vanilla Donuts?
These donuts take no time to make, 20 minutes and you are eating donuts. Yummy soft, moist, baked Vanilla Cake Donuts.
Dipping them in melted white chocolate makes them just a little bit decadent or as the Nutella Queen said “Nutella”!!!
More Delicious Baked Donuts
Vanilla Cake Donuts
How to Temper Chocolate for Dipping
In a deep dish over a pot of boiling water (make sure the water does not touch the bottom of the dish). Add 1/2 of the chopped chocolate that you are using.
Heat until temperature reaches 122 F (50C), remove from the heat and add the remaining chopped chocolate, stir continuously until temperature reaches 89F (32C).
Your chocolate is now tempered and ready to use.
But if you don’t like white chocolate or Nutella you can always substitute with melted dark or milk chocolate.
These Vanilla Cake Donuts are an easy and delicious Valentine’s day treat or any day treat for that matter. Enjoy!
Chocolate Dipped Vanilla Baked Donuts
- FOR THE DONUTS
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter melted let cool
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon milk I use 2%
- Melted white dark or milk chocolate, Tempering Chocolate**
- Nutella place a bowl over boiling water and heat until reaches a thinner constituency place a bowl over boiling water and heat until reaches a thinner constituency
- Pre-heat oven to 350° (180° celsius), grease and flour a 6 size donut pan.
- In a small pot melt butter and let cool.
- In a medium/large bowl whisk together flour,baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar.
- In a medium bowl whisk together until combined, cooled melted butter, egg, vanilla, greek yogurt and milk.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix just until smooth.
- Pour batter into a pastry bag and fill the donut pan 3/4 full. Bake approximately 10 minutes. Let cool completely before dipping. (I use a frosting knife to help spread the chocolate or Nutella evenly over the donut), Top with sprinkles if desired. Enjoy
Republished from February 10, 2016.