Apple and Cinnamon Cake, a moist delicious Fall Cake, filled with apples. The perfect breakfast, dessert or snack cake. Your family is going to love this Apple Cinnamon Cake.
I love and I mean love cake, especially loaded with a creamy butter icing. Unfortunately it is not overly appreciated in my home.
My daughters are always on diets and my husband says “Noooo, too damn sweet for me” so there is no way, well I could but I won’t eat the whole cake myself!
Over the years I have found that most Italians are not big on anything overly sweet. Even the classic Italian Tiramisu is not a really sweet dessert, creamy and delicious yes, sweet not too much.
So when a friend of mine’s mother made this Apple Cinnamon Cake I knew it would be a hit in my house too. I basically kept her recipe intact I just had to increase the cinnamon, nothing like that amazing combination of cinnamon and apples.
Apple and Cinnamon Cake
My eldest daughter went to a get together at her friend’s house on the 26th and asked if I would bake something for her to take. I suggested this delicious Apple and Cinnamon Cake that I said I had tasted recently and it was really good.
Well, I guess it was too good, because that Apple and Cinnamon Cake was not allowed to leave this house. I ended up making shortbread cookies.
When she came home I asked how they liked the cookies and she said “I have never seen anyone eat shortbread cookies like they did, one right after the other like potato chips!” Enjoy!
Apple and Cinnamon Cake
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 3 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 apples (peeled and thinly sliced)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven to 350° (180° celsius). Grease and flour a 9" (24 centimeter) spring-form cake pan.
- In a medium bowl toss together sliced apples and lemon juice, set aside.
- In a small bowl mix together cinnamon and sugar, set aside.
- In a medium bowl cream butter and sugar, then add eggs one at a time, mix well, then add oil, vanilla and milk and beat till smooth.
- In a small bowl whisk together flour, baking powder and 1 teaspoon cinnamon, add to batter and beat on medium until smooth.
- Spoon batter into the prepared cake pan, top with sliced apples (do not press down), sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mix. Bake for approximately 50-60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool or serve warm. Enjoy!