Italian Fresh Cream Lemon Cake, made with fresh Cream. The Perfect Breakfast or Snack Cake. Fast, Easy and so Delicious Lemon Cake.
With Christmas right at our doorsteps. I hope you have had fun baking and cooking and that almost everything is done, from shopping to wrapping.
And now you can put up your feet at least for an hour or two and relax!
Make yourself a coffee or tea and enjoy the holidays, and of course enjoy a slice of this amazing Italian Fresh Cream Lemon Cake.
Wishing you my dear readers and friends a very Happy and Merry Christmas, to you and your family.
To go along with that coffee or tea I thought I would offer you a piece of this easy Lemon Cake to give you a little energy during this hectic holiday season.
Italian cake is a much more compact and a less moist cake than we are used to in North America, although this cake is one of the most moist Italian cakes I have tried.
In fact it has the same texture as my Easy Yogurt Cake it is actually quite similar to a Pound Cake.
Italian Fresh Cream Lemon Cake
I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
This type of Easy Lemon Cake is usually served at breakfast or as a treat when someone is coming for coffee or tea, or as I served it, as a delicious Christmas morning cake.
I love lemons, I think it is one of the best citrus fruits for baking. Lemon bread, Lemon Cheesecake or one of my all time favourites, sorbet. I will learn to make the best ever Italian sorbet this year!
Just the way my youngest daughter and I like it.
Italian Fresh Cream Lemon Cake is fast and really tasty, all it needs is a little dusting of icing sugar/powdered sugar and it is perfect. Enjoy! And Happy Holidays.
An easy simple Italian Cake, the perfect breakfast or snack cake.
- 2 cups + 1 tablespoon flour 270 grams
- 1 3/4 cups icing/powdered sugar 218.75 grams
- 4 eggs (large)
- 2/3 cup whole cream 150 ml, heavy cream or whipping cream
- 7 tablespoons butter melted 100 grams
- zest of one lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla 5 grams
- 2 teaspoons baking powder 10 grams
- pinch teaspoon salt 2.85 grams
- Pre-heat oven to 350° (180° celsius). Lightly grease and flour an 9 1/2 inch bundt cake (24 centimeter) (I'm sure a 9 inch round cake pan would work)
- In a large bowl beat on medium speed eggs and sugar until light and fluffy,
- Melt butter and let cool completely.
- Grate the peel of one lemon.(zest)
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour,baking powder and salt, then alternating with the cream gently fold into egg mixture with a spatula, keep folding until mixture is combined, gently fold in lemon peel, vanilla and melted butter, pour into prepared pan and bake for approximately 40-45 minutes. Let cool, then dust with powdered/icing sugar. Enjoy!
Looking for other delicious Italian Desserts, I think you will like these too!