These Homemade Chocolate Brownies are so fudgy and chocolatey, no need for a frosting. Easy to make and of course perfect anytime! This is the only recipe you will ever need.
Best Homemade Chocolate Brownies
I have to ask are there really people out there who don’t love chocolate? I know there are, but not in my house. I love chocolate cake but I haven’t had much luck in finding a great brownie recipe until I talked to my cousin about it and she told me her secret for making amazing brownies! These are not just great, these are the best. Fudgy, chocolatey and moist, simply amazing.
The first time I tried these, my cousin and I were cooking together, she made Brownies and I made a Cheesy Baked Pasta. Brownies aren’t big in Italy so this was the first time my kids had tried them. And I can tell you there were no leftovers in the pan!
How to make Chocolate Brownies
In a small bowl whisk together the flour and salt. In a medium bowl melt the chopped chocolate, then add the butter and stir until it is melted and smooth, cool slightly, then add the sugar and combine well, add the well beaten eggs and combine, next add the vanilla and mix.
Add the flour mixture to the chocolate mixture, and combine well.
Pour into the prepared pan and bake. Dust with powdered sugar or maybe serve with a little vanilla ice cream.
Can you add nuts?
Nuts can be added to the batter, the best nuts to use are walnuts, almonds, hazelnuts, pistachios, macadamia nuts, pecans and even peanuts can all be used, I would recommend 1/2 a cup of chopped nuts. You can add the nuts with the flour or just sprinkle the chopped nuts on the batter before baking.
How to tell when the Brownies are done
Using the toothpick method, when the toothpick comes out with moist crumbs attached they are done. If it comes out clean and dry the Brownies are over baked, if the toothpick is still wet then they need more baking time.
What is the best frosting for Brownies
To tell the truth, these Brownies are nice and rich so a simple dusting of icing sugar is perfect, but you could always drizzle some melted milk or dark chocolate on top, or how about a simple milk chocolate frosting?
More Delicious Chocolate Recipes
How to store them
Place the cooled cut brownies in an airtight container, with parchment paper between the layers, they will keep for up to 3 days at room temperature. They can also be frozen in a freezer safe container (parchment paper between the layers) and will keep for up to 3 months in the freezer. Thaw them in the fridge, then bring to room temperature before serving.
So if you are looking for a tasty Chocolate Brownie Recipe then this is the recipe for you. Let me know if you try it. Enjoy!
Best Homemade Chocolate Brownies
- 1 cup butter (room temperature) (210 grams)
- 2 1/4 cups brown sugar ( lightly packed) (405 grams)
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate (squares) (116 grams)
- 4 eggs (well beaten)* (room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour (130 grams)
- 1 pinch salt*
*If you use unsalted butter then add 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
Room temperature, remove from the fridge 45-60 minutes before using.
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees (180 degrees) and grease and flour or spray a 9x13 inch (22x33 cm) baking pan.
- In a small bowl whisk together the flour and salt, set aside.
- In a medium bowl over a pot of boiling water (or microwave) melt the chocolate squares, then add the butter and stir until melted and smooth, cool slightly, then add the sugar and mix to combine then add the well beaten eggs and combine, next add the vanilla and mix.
- Add the flour mixture to the chocolate mixture, and combine well, but don't over mix. Pour into the prepared pan and bake for approximately 30-35 minutes. Dust with powdered sugar or maybe serve with a little vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!
Updated from July 18, 2014.