I have to ask are there really people out there who don’t love chocolate? I know there are, but not in my house. I love chocolate cake but I haven’t had much luck in finding a great brownie recipe until I talked to my cousin about it and she told me her secret for making amazing brownies! These are not just great, these are the best. Fudgy, chocolaty and moist and simply amazing.
My cousin spent the day with us baking up a storm at my niece’s house in Stouffville. It is always so wonderful to get together with people you haven’t seen in a long time, there’s always so much to catch up on.
How I will miss all these cousins, nieces, sisters and friends when my long-awaited visit comes to an end, but at the same time I am also excited to go back to my house in Italy and start cooking new recipes in my own kitchen.
That evening I made my homemade baked pasta with a yellow tomato sauce instead of a red sauce because my niece is allergic to red tomatoes.
The baked pasta and brownies were a major success with her fellow hockey team players who she invited over for a small Italian meal before their game.
Unfortunately there were a lot of chocolate lovers at the table so there wasn’t a crumb left for us the next day. Next time I will make two pans and bigger ones! Enjoy!
- 1 cup butter 250 grams
- 3 cups brown sugar ( I didn't pack it down) 660 grams
- 4 grams squares unsweetened chocolate 120
- 4 eggs (well beaten)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla 5 grams
- 1 cup flour 95 grams
- 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 1/2 grams
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees (180 degrees) and prepare a 9x13 inch (22x33 centimeter) pan.
- In a medium glass or china bowl over a pot of boiling water (I don't have a microwave and I actually prefer this method, I think I have more control) melt the chocolate squares, add butter and when the butter has melted (stirring quite often, then remove from heat) add the sugar and mix well add the well beaten eggs, then the vanilla, whisk together the flour and salt then add to the chocolate mixture, mix well (if desired 1 or 2 cups (140 -280 grams) of chopped nuts can be added with the flour mixture). Pour into prepared pan and bake for approximately 25-30 minutes. Dust with powdered sugar or maybe serve with a little vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!