Creamy Chocolate Lasagna Recipe, a no bake four layer chocolate dessert recipe. Cookie Crumbs, Mascarpone, chocolate pudding and whipped cream makes these layers a decadent chocolate dessert.
The addition of Mascarpone gives this delicate Chocolate Dessert a touch of Tiramisu! The perfect anytime Easy Dessert Recipe idea.
A Chocolate Lasagna Recipe is a dish I first ate when I lived in Canada, to be exact it was the year I spent in Winnipeg, spreading my wings and having the time of my life sharing an apartment with my best friend and spending time with my second family.
I remember this dessert so well, I also remember it had another name (better than sex cake!). Times change and I guess even desserts have to be “Politically Correct”, so now this dessert is called Chocolate Lasagna.
It keeps good company being one of the RECIPES FOR LASAGNA. The Perfect name for probably one of the most decadent desserts, Creamiest Chocolate Lasagna Recipe, four layers of pure yumminess.
I decided to change it up a bit and instead of cream cheese give it an Italian flare with mascarpone.
No Oreo base for us because it is kind of hard to find Oreos, it took me at least five stores before I found them when I was making my youngest daughter’s birthday cake.
And to tell the truth I really thought it was perfect with using just plain chocolate wafer cookies (or cookie of choice, I used Pan di Stelle, they are really good!)
So for the second filling I whipped up some mascarpone and whipped cream and just a little sugar, you will be happy to know this is a no egg dessert!
More No Bake Desserts you may enjoy!
I also used real cream, but you could replace it with cool whip I suppose, but do you really want to? It was a really big hit in my family, the Italian said “it was even better the second day”, (I don’t know about the third it never got that far).
Believe me you can’t go wrong with this fast and easy Chocolate Lasagna and did I mention no bake desserts make the easiest Summer Desserts too! Enjoy.
Chocolate Lasagna Recipe
Creamy Chocolate Lasagna
BASE 1ST LAYER
- 20 chocolate wafer cookies crushed
- 1/4 cup butter melted and cooled
FILLING 2ND LAYER
- 1 cup mascarpone
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 ½ tablespoons icing/powdered sugar
FILLING 3RD LAYER
- 1 box instant chocolate pudding (3.1 ounce size, if you want it thicker than the 5.1 ounce would work also)
- 1 ½ cups milk
TOPPING 4TH LAYER
- 1 cup whipping cream
- chocolate flakes for garnish
- In a deep 8x6 inch (20x15 centimeters) pan, add the following by layers.
- Base/1st Layer - Crush the chocolate wafer cookies, add to baking dish, pour belted butter and combine well, press down firmly with back of spoon or fingers.
- Filling/2nd Layer - Combine mascarpone, whipping cream and icing sugar and whip until very thick. Spread on top of cookie base.
- Filling/3rd Layer - Combine chocolate pudding package and milk beat as instructed on package (do not add extra milk). Spread over 2nd layer.
- Topping/4th Layer - Beat whipping cream until firm, spread over 3rd layer.
- Refrigerate for at least 3-4 hours or overnight. Sprinkle with chocolate flakes before serving. Enjoy!