Crunchy Gift Wrapped Cookies, a vanilla and chocolate crunchy cookie becomes the perfect Christmas Cookie for sharing.
Crunchy Gift Wrapped Cookies, are my last cookie recipe for this year and I have to say everyone loved them!
I knew I wanted to make one last Christmas Cookie this year that I wanted to share with family and friends.
So I happened to come across these cookies from a Blogger named Gail at Hungry at Midnight and I thought they were the cutest things.
Be sure to watch the Video!
I also knew that I had the perfect cookie recipe that I could use for them. I wanted to use my cookie dough which needed much less time in the fridge and I wanted it crunchy.
More Crunchy Cookies you may Enjoy!
So after a couple of tries, getting the cookie perfect and managing to get it the right size that I wanted, which I have to admit I made some cut outs to help with the forms, since eyeing it was not working!
I love this dough because it doesn’t need refrigeration (although if you have a very warm house it might be best to refrigerate for about 30 minutes before rolling) and it’s so delicious and crunchy.
After everyone oohed and ahhed over them and we all decided they weren’t just cute but really good too, my daughter decided that these were the cutest cookies I have yet to make.
So if you are up for making one more cookie before Christmas, why not give these Crunchy Gift Wrapped Cookies a try. Happy Baking and Enjoy!
Crunchy Gift Wrapped Cookies
- 1/4 cup + 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup flour
- 2 1/2 tablespoons corn starch
- 3/4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- Pre-heat oven to 350°, line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl beat butter and sugar until creamy then add the egg and vanilla and beat to combine well. Divide mixture evenly into 2 bowls.
- In one bowl add flour and corn starch (vanilla dough) combine with a fork until you have large crumbs then move to a flat surface and knead into a soft dough.
- In the remaining bowl add the flour, corn starch and cocoa (cocoa dough) combine with a fork until you have large crumbs then move to a flat surface and knead into a soft dough. (if your house if very warm refrigerate 30 minutes).
- Roll out the cocoa dough to a thickness of about 0.5 cm (thinner than the vanilla dough).
Roll out the vanilla dough to a thickness of about 1 cm.
- Cut the vanilla dough into 4 strips all of the same width and length (about 1.5 cm, this is when I cut out forms), cut the cocoa dough in 3 strips, 2 strips the same size as the vanilla dough and 1 strip the same size as the combination of 2 vanilla and 1 cocoa strip. (see video)
- On a flat surface, place one cocoa strip in between 2 vanilla strips, then place the single wide cocoa strip on top and top with one cocoa strip between 2 vanilla strips, (gently press the strips together to make sure they hold together).
- Cut the form into approximately 3/4 inch slices, place slices (again gently press together) on their side on the prepared cookie sheet, make small triangles and balls with remaining cocoa dough and decorate. Bake for approximately 13-15 minutes. Let cool before serving. Enjoy!