This Simple Homemade Pasta is made without eggs and only 2 ingredients. Perfect for adding to your favourite soup recipe or tossing with a homemade tomato sauce. Homemade pasta was never so easy.
This was one of the simplest homemade pasta recipes I ever learned, thanks again to my mother-in-law. She would make this type of eggless pasta to add to her Minestrone or Pasta e Fagioli recipes but of course you can serve it with a Simple Tomato Sauce.
She was always make her homemade pasta by hand, no machine for her. That means from kneading the dough to rolling it out and cutting. So of course I am showing her way, but you can definitely use a machine from mixing and kneading to rolling it out with your stand up mixer to your pasta machine.
How to make A Simple Two Ingredient Pasta Recipe
What is the best flour to use
How thin should the pasta be?
You should roll the dough to about 1/8″ about the thickness of pie dough for long pasta, and a bit thinner for stuffed pasta such as ravioli. Be sure to keep the dough well floured so they don’t stick together.
How long does it take to cook?
How to freeze Homemade Pasta
How to store it
Simple Two Ingredient Homemade Pasta
- 2 cups all purpose or semolina flour (250 grams)
- 1/2 cup + 2 1/4 tablespoons water (lukewarm 85F / 35C) (150 grams)
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon salt (depends on how salt you like it)
- In a large bowl add the flour, make a well in the middle and add the water and salt, mix with a fork to combine, then move to a flat surface and gently knead for about 3-5 minutes, then form a compact dough ball, if the dough is too dry then add a little more water (1 tablespoon at a time).
- Cover the dough with a tea towel and let rest 30 minutes. Knead the dough a couple of times, then roll it out on a lightly floured flat surface. Roll to about an 1/8 inch thickness, roll up and slice to make fettuccine. Cook in boiling salted water for about 6-7 minutes. Enjoy!