Homemade Italian Baked Potato Chips, fast, easy and baked! A healthy crunchy Baked Potato Chip made delicious with the help from rosemary and white pepper. The perfect snack or side dish, everyone is going to love these.
The big question of the day is do you prefer sweet or salty? As I always respond “Depends on my mood”. This week my mood has been salty. My kids aren’t big potato chip lovers so thank goodness I rarely have a bag in the house.
I started making these easy Homemade Oven Baked Potato Chips from some left over potato slices I had from another recipe I have been working on. Great recipe lousy photos. Ah well, they will be eating that till the day I can get a good shot!
But Baked Potato Chips, in my opinion, there is nothing better than combining potatoes with rosemary. The perfect match.
To make this recipe, I sliced the potatoes really thin almost transparent. I used my stand up cheese grater but a mandolin does a better job I’m sure. On my to buy list on my next visit back home!
This is a really easy Baked Potato Chip Recipe. First just slice them up, then I soaked them in cold water for 20-30 minutes to remove excess starch, if not they have that sticky feeling, I don’t like that and I’m sure you won’t either.
Then all you have to do is place them on a lightly greased parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Brush or spritz with some olive oil, sprinkle with a little salt to taste, a sprinkle or two of white pepper and some freshly chopped rosemary.
Homemade Italian Baked Potato Chips
Bake and there you go, so how many calories did that save you? These Homemade Italian Baked Potato Chips are the perfect snack or side dish with your favourite Burger. Buon Appetito!
A Taste of Italian Baked Potato Chips
- 2-3 medium potatoes very thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil divided 45 grams
- white pepper
- 2-3 sprigs rosemary chopped
- In a large bowl of cold water soak the sliced potatoes for approximately 20-30 minutes. Drain and towel dry really well.
- Pre-heat oven to 400° (200° celsius) Line 2-3 cookie sheets with lightly oiled parchment paper (approximately 1 tablespoon / 15 grams)
- Place sliced potatoes on lined cookie sheets, single layer, not overlapping.
- Brush or spritz sliced potatoes with olive oil, just the top.(approximately 2 tablespoons/15 grams).
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper (I used white pepper), and rosemary.
- Bake for approximately 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are golden brown. Enjoy!
- * Watch closely because the potatoes will start to brown quickly after approximately 10 minutes.
- ** If some are ready, remove from pan and continue baking the remaining chips.
- Move the chips immediately to wire rack to cool.
“Always start out with a larger pot than what you think you need” Julia Child