Italian Sausage and Vegetable Rice Casserole, a quick and easy dinner recipe, rice lots of veggies, Italian Sausage and Parmesan Cheese make this Casserole the perfect Main Dish.
Italian Sausage and Vegetable Rice Casserole, has become our new fall favourite. As soon as September hit, I decided heat or no heat I’m going for the casseroles!
I am back this month with three of my favourite bloggers and this month we have decided that September will be Rice Month!
Be sure to watch the Video!
I have to say the Italian is not a Rice lover, but the rest of us love it. So I thought this month could be a bit of a challenge. In the back of my mind I’m thinking “will he like this Italian Sausage and Vegetable Rice Casserole or not”?
My husband is a man of few words when it comes to food he likes, and If he reaches for a second helping, that is definitely good news.
If he likes something he will not comment. If he doesn’t, well then he will give his opinion (whether you want to hear it or not 😉 ) on how to improve it.
So needless to say he reached for a second and a third helping, “Buono”. And yes it was good. A simple and quick weeknight dinner recipe. For those who like rice and maybe even for those who don’t! Buon Appetito!
A few more Rice Dishes you may enjoy.
Italian Sausage and Vegetable Rice Casserole
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 onion (chopped)
- 2 Italian sausages
- 1/2 cup mushrooms (sliced)
- 3/4 cup peas (frozen)
- 3 artichokes chopped (frozen)
- 1 tomato ripe (chopped)
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped Italian parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (more or less to your liking)
- pepper or hot pepper flakes (if desired)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 350°.
- In a small plate combine 3 tablespoons bread crumbs and 1 tablespoon melted butter. Place on bottom of a medium sized Baking Dish and set aside.
- In a large saucepan melt butter add onion, sausages and mushrooms and cook approximately 5 minutes until golden, then add peas, artichokes and tomato and combine.
- Stir in broth, oregano, parsley, salt and pepper (hot pepper flakes), slightly cover and cook on medium for approximately 15 minutes until vegetables are tender but mixture will remain a thick soup like constituency.
- Meanwhile cook rice al dente and drain.
- Add rice to cooked veggies and combine, add parmesan and combine. Pour into prepared baking dish and press down lightly. Top with dotted butter and parmesan cheese. Bake for approximately 15 minutes until golden. Serve immediately.
THE TASTE CREATIONS BLOG HOP HAPPENS ON THE 1ST MONDAY OF EVERY MONTH. EVERY MONTH, MYSELF AND 3-4 OTHER BLOGGERS CHALLENGE OURSELVES TO MAKE SOMETHING WITH A CHOSEN INGREDIENT. HOPE YOU WILL CHECK OUT THESE RECIPES TOO. AND HAVE A GREAT WEEK EVERYONE!
Terri at Our Good Life – Caulirice Pudding
Nikki at Tikkido – Instant Pot Pressure Cooker Spinach Rice with Indian Flavors
Teri at the Freshman Cook – Rice and Seafood Stuffed Mushrooms