Crunchy Pecan Cookies, a brown sugar, butter cookie full of chopped pecans. Flattened and baked until golden and crispy. You won’t be able to stop at one!
Butter Pecan Cookies
So here we are just in time for the weekend again, and I ask myself where does the time go? I have no idea! But it sure is the perfect time for cookies!
Another Yummy Nut Cookie to try
The other day I was defrosting my freezer, yeah I have an oldie but a goldie fridge. It’s actually quite cute. An old time Italian fridge that stands about 5 feet tall and holds pretty much nothing.
The best thing it does is it gets filled with ice. I seem to be continually defrosting it. But I have to say sometimes I find a few good surprises.
And yes I came across a half bag of pecans that I picked up at Costco in Toronto in that freezer. There are a lot things I could make with pecans, I could make a pie, a cake , hmmm we’ll see.
But I really thought My Mom’s Pecan Cookie Recipe would be perfect. And I was right, a thin crunchy so good cookie was the perfect idea.
How to make Pecan Cookies
- Coarsely chop the pecans
- make sure you pack your brown sugar when measuring
- use softened butter so that it creams easier
- chill the dough for at least an hour, you could even leave it overnight
- when you flatten out the cookie, make sure your glass is always lightly floured so it doesn’t stick to the dough
- make sure your oven is pre-heated
- and bake only until golden
Then sit back and enjoy your Crunchy Pecan Cookies, you can share if you want. Enjoy!
Crunchy Pecan Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter (softened)
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar (packed)
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- Pre-heat oven to 350°, line 2 large cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl cream together butter, sugar and egg until light and fluffy, approximately 5 minutes, beat in vanilla.
- Sift the flour into the creamed mixture and combine with a spatula or wooden spoon. Gently stir in chopped pecans. Shape dough into a ball, wrap in plastic wrap and chill for at least one hour or even over night.
- Remove dough from fridge and roll into 1 inch balls and place about 3 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets, with a flat bottomed glass, lightly floured, flatten the dough balls until they are quite thin. Bake for approximately 12-14 minutes or until lightly golden. Let cool before serving.