Pizza Roll Ups a fast and easy appetizer. Use a pre made pizza dough and add a layer of ham and cheese. Roll it up, sprinkle with a little Parmesan cheese and bake. So good!
Pizza Roll Ups Recipe
In Italy I learned that lunch is the big meal of the day. We usually start with a pasta dish, then I make a meat, fish, egg or cheese dish and a vegetable on the side.
Of course fresh bread is served and fruit as a dessert. A fancy dessert is usually kept for Sundays, guests coming over, or special occasions.
Dinner here in Italy, is the light meal of the day. Some cheese or a couple of slices of prosciutto and a simple salad or veggie.
Then sometimes you come across a delicious recipe such as these Pizza Roll Ups that make the perfect appetizer or even main dish which you could serve alongside a simple tossed salad.
I love appetizers so any way I can serve them, I do!
How to make Pizza Roll Ups
- You can make your own Pizza Dough or even a good store-bought works perfectly.
- Roll out the dough and brush with a little olive oil.
- Top the dough with thin slices of cooked ham.
- Sprinkle with shredded firm mozzarella cheese.
- Roll up the dough and slice into 1/2 inch slices.
- Brush the slices with a little olive oil and sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese.
- Bake and serve warm.
I made these Pizza Roll Ups with store-bought pizza dough although if you prefer a salted pastry crust or a puff pastry it would definitely work too!
I find using a firm mozzarella better than a fresh, because the fresh can sometimes be too watery. We also loved the addition of some freshly grated Parmesan sprinkled on the roll ups before they were baked.
Ham and Cheese Pizza Roll Ups
More Delicious Appetizers
So whenever you are in an appetizer mood because who doesn’t love a yummy Pizza Roll Up Appetizer. I hope you give these a try and let me know what you think. Buon Appetito!
Pizza Roll Ups a fast and easy appetizer. Use a pre made pizza dough and add a layer of ham and cheese. Roll it up, sprinkle with a little Parmesan cheese and bake. So good! #pizza
- 1 store-bought pizza dough (rectangle shape if possible)
- 2 tablespooons olive oil (divided)
- 8-10 slices cooked ham (thin slices)
- 1/2 cup shredded firm mozzarella
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
Pre-heat oven to 400F (200C), line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
Unroll the pizza dough and brush with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, place the slices of cooked ham on top and sprinkle with the shredded mozzarella.
Roll up the dough from the long side of the dough, cut into 1/2" slices, place cut side down on the prepared cookie sheet and brush with remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Sprinkle with the freshly grated parmesan cheese.
Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden. Serve immediately. Enjoy!