Berry Chocolate Chip Yogurt Bark is a delicious and healthy frozen snack idea. Lightly sweetened with honey, just choose your favourite berries and a sprinkle of chocolate chips to make a refreshing frozen treat.
Frozen Berry Chocolate Chip Yogurt Bark
So for this months get together with my Blogger friends, we decided to share Summer Fruit Recipes. With all that delicious fruit, berries included I thought something cool and refreshing would be perfect.
What are the ingredients in Yogurt Bark?
- Plain yogurt
- Chocolate Chips
- Berries and chopped fruit of choice
What is the Best Fruit to use?
The best type of fruit to use would be anytime type of berry, including strawberries, blueberries, black berries, raspberries, even cut up fruit such as peaches, nectarines, kiwi or even apples.
Adding some chocolate chips or seeds makes a tastier bark too.
How to Make Yogurt Bark
- In a medium bowl add the honey and yogurt and whisk together until smooth.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour into a prepared cookie sheet and top with your favourite fruit.
- Freeze for 3-4 hours or until firm.
- Cut into pieces and serve.
Are Berries good for you?
Berries are very good for you, they are loaded with antioxidants, they may help improve your blood sugar and insulin levels, they are high in fiber which helps reduce hunger and increases a feeling of fullness.
Berries are full of nutrients including vitamins and minerals. Strawberries in fact have a high Vitamin C content.
Can I substitute with Greek Yogurt?
I used whole fat regular yogurt, but if you prefer Greek yogurt that can certainly be used also.
How to store Yogurt Bark
Yogurt bark should be stored cut up in an airtight container in the freezer, it will last up to 2-3 months in the freezer if stored properly.
So if you are looking for something a little different and a little healthier I hope you give this Frozen Yogurt Bark Recipe a try and let me know. Enjoy! And to my Canadian Readers, Happy Canada Day.
Frozen Berry Chocolate Yogurt Bark
- 1 cup yogurt / greek or regular whole (250 grams)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (45-90 grams)
- 1/4 -1/2 cup fresh berries of choice (25-50 grams)
- 1 medium nectarine (firm / ripe) chopped
- Line a 9 x 7 inch (22 x 17 cm) cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl whisk until smooth the yogurt and honey, then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour on the prepared cookie sheet and spread evenly. Top with berries and chopped nectarine.
- Cover with plastic wrap and freeze 4-5 hours or overnight until firm and frozen. Break into pieces and serve. Enjoy!
HE TASTE CREATIONS BLOG HOP HAPPENS ON THE 1ST MONDAY OF EVERY MONTH. EVERY MONTH, MYSELF AND 3 OTHER BLOGGERS CHALLENGE OURSELVES TO MAKE SOMETHING WITH A CHOSEN INGREDIENT. HOPE YOU WILL CHECK OUT THEIR DELICIOUS RECIPES TOO. AND HAVE A GREAT WEEK EVERYONE!
Terri at Our Good Life – Fireball Glazed Fruit Balls
Lauren at Mom Home Guide – Green Salad with Salmon, Avocado & Tomato
Nikki at Tikkido – English Summer Berries & Cream