Chocolate Bark has got to be one of the most delicious and easiest Christmas candies to make. No bake, triple chocolate and Nutella make this Italian Triple Chocolate Bark a special treat.
It really is starting to look like Christmas. I am seeing more and more Christmas decorations in the stores now. Especially some of my favourite Italian Christmas Treats.
From Panettone to Torrone. In the good old days we had a Chocolate Factory beside us and I would go out in the morning and get a whiff of one of my absolute favourite smells. Yes chocolate.
They made the best Chocolate and Nougat Torrone. Last year I made my own Chocolate Torrone and it was pretty darn delicious.
This year I thought I would try something a little different and turn it into a Chocolate Bark. Bark is one of the easiest Christmas Sweets to make. It also makes a wonderful Holiday Food Gift.
Italian Triple Chocolate Bark
I always make Christmas Cookies a couple of months before Christmas and put them in the freezer. And of course my husband kept thinking of the Homemade Torrone that I made last year, so I thought this year I will make it easier and maybe even better which means “BARK”.
What I love about this Candy Recipe is it uses not just Dark chocolate but also White and Milk Chocolate and of course we can’t forget the Nutella.
Traditional Italian Torrone is usually made with Hazelnuts, Almonds and also Pistachios. The Italian loves Pistachios which I like in the Nougat version. Every year since the Factory closed he keeps asking me to try making it, so who knows maybe this year!
With this Bark, I used Hazelnuts, but Almonds work really well too or maybe even a combination. If you are planning on making a Chocolate Bark this Christmas why not try this Italian Torrone Bark. Enjoy!
Italian Triple Chocolate Bark
- 2 cups dark chocolate - good quality (250 grams)
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate - good quality
- 1 tablespoon dark chocolate (100 grams)
- 1 cup milk chocolate - good quality
- 2 1/2 tablespoons milk chocolate (150 grams)
- 3/4 cups white chocolate - good quality
- 1 tablespoon white chocolate (100 grams)
- 1/2 cup Nutella (148 grams)
- 1 cup hazelnuts or almonds (skinned and lightly roasted) (150 grams)
- Line a cookie sheet with Parchment paper.
- On low heat place the dark chocolate (broken into pieces) in a small-medium bowl over a pot of water (make sure bowl does not touch the water). Melt until smooth, stirring often with a fork or whisk. Spread evenly on the parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Let cool and harden slightly.
2ND LAYER & 3RD LAYER
- On low heat place the dark chocolate, milk chocolate, white chocolate and Nutella in a medium bowl over a pot of water (make sure bowl does not touch the water). Melt until smooth, stirring often with a fork or whisk to combine.Spread evenly over the 1st layer.Immediately sprinkle with hazelnuts or almonds. Place in fridge until firm. Break into pieces and Enjoy!