Creamy Pumpkin Pasta Sauce, a fast and easy Pumpkin Sauce, creamy and delicate. The perfect meatless Dinner Recipe.
As we start to head into the Holiday Season, between Thanksgiving, Halloween and Christmas I like to think that this Creamy Delicious Pumpkin Sauce Recipe would give you a much needed boost of energy.
And needless to say I certainly hope you aren’t tired of Squash or pumpkin recipes yet. Because this is a good one.
It is another fast and easy pasta recipe, Creamy Pumpkin Pasta Sauce. The best kind!
I’m one of those people who loves a creamy pasta sauce, probably because I can top it off with some freshly grated Parmesan.
The Italian is the opposite, he insists it covers the taste of the sauce. But what does he know? 😉
I have never been much of a squash lover, but after making a creamy squash filling for Ravioli, Sweet and Savory I also discovered how delicious it can be tossed with some pasta especially Fettuccine!
To make this recipe I decided to make my own Pumpkin Puree , very easy and the taste is amazing.
I then whisked the Pumpkin Puree together with a little cream and chopped garlic and tossed it with some Fettuccine.
You could actually use your favourite pasta or a short pasta, because Italians say a short pasta holds a cream sauce better. Buon Appetito!
Creamy Pumpkin Pasta Sauce
- 1 cup pumpkin purée fresh or canned purée only, drain in a sieve for approximately 10-15 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup cream (whipping/whole or heavy)
- 3 cups cooked al dente fettucine
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped Italian parsley
- In a large pan add olive oil, butter and garlic, cook on low-medium heat 1 minute, add purée, salt, Parmesan and cream, whisk to combine and heat thoroughly approximately 3-5 minutes, if too thick add a little pasta water, then gently add the cooked pasta and stir to combine. Serve immediately topped with freshly grated Parmesan cheese or flakes. Enjoy!
Republished from December 9, 2015