This Lemon Charlotte is a fast and easy no Bake Dessert. Made with lady fingers and a creamy lemon filling.
A Charlotte is a very popular dessert in Italy, with most people making a Tiramisu Charlotte. But after trying this delicious Lemon Charlotte at a friend’s house, I knew this was the Charlotte for us.
This is the perfect No Bake Lemon Cake to serve when guests are coming or just a family get together.
No bake makes it great for anytime of the year. And that Lemon flavour is fresh and light.
What is a Charlotte?
A Charlotte is a dessert usually served cold. It is also known as an “Icebox Cake“. Bread, sponge cake or lady fingers are used to line a cake pan, which is then filled with a cream or even a custard. It is usually a layered dessert.
What are the ingredients in a Lemon Charlotte?
- A simple Lemon syrup
- icing / powdered sugar
- lemon zest
- whole or whipping cream
- lady fingers
Lemon Icebox Cake
How to Firm up the centre of a Charlotte
This no bake Charlotte should be refrigerated for 3 – 4 hours or even over night before serving or you could probably place it in the freezer for about an hour before serving.
How to Store an Icebox / Charlotte Cake
A Lemon Charlotte should be covered and kept in the refrigerator. It will last for up to 2-3 days in the refrigerator.
More Delicious Lemon Desserts
So if you are looking for an Easy Creamy Lemon Dessert then I think this would be the perfect idea. Let me know how you like it. Enjoy!
Easy Lemon Charlotte / Icebox Cake
- 3/4 cup water (172 grams)
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 peel of 1 lemon (no white part)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice or limoncello
- 1 1/2 cups mascarpone* (340 grams)
- 3 tablespoons icing / powdered sugar (sifted)
- 2 zest of 2 lemons
- 1 1/2 cups whole / whipping cream (cold) (330 grams)
- 25 lady fingers (more or less)
*remove mascarpone from the fridge 30 minutes before using.
- In a small pot heat the water, peel and sugar, heat on medium heat until sugar has dissolved, then simmer on low medium heat for approximately 3 – 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool, then stir in the juice or limoncello.
- In a large bowl beat the mascarpone, icing sugar (sifted), zest and cream, until very thick.
PUTTING IT TOGETHER
- Cut some of the lady fingers to fit the height of a 7 1/2 – 8 inch springform pan. Place the cut fingers touching around the pan, place lady fingers cut and or whole to fit the bottom of the pan as a base. (Remaining lady fingers are for the 2nd layer).
- Brush a little of the syrup lightly (very lightly) over the lady fingers that are around the pan, then spoon half of the syrup on the cut lady finger base.
- Spread half the filling over the base then top with another layer of lady fingers drizzle the remaining syrup on top, then spread the remaining filling on top of the 2nd layer of lady fingers (or use a pastry tip and decorate the top with the filling). Cover with plastic and refrigerate for at least 3 – 4 hours or better over night. Enjoy!