Easy Blueberry Cream Cheese Danish, is a quick and simple recipe. Puff Pastry squares filled with a simple cheesecake filling and fresh blueberries. The Perfect Breakfast, Snack or Dessert idea.
Cream Cheese Danish
If you are anything like me or a lot of Italians, you will know that we always have a package of Puff Pastry in the fridge. I love puff pastry. All those flaky layers!
It makes a delicious pie crust, perfect for tarts or what I have made here. Delicious Cream Cheese Danishes or Turnovers.
I have waited awhile, but now it is so easy to find fresh berries in the supermarkets. I usually buy a couple of boxes, my kids and my husband love eating them fresh, in ice cream or in yogurt.
How to make Blue Berry Puff Pastry Turnovers
- In a medium bowl mix together the cream cheese, lemon juice, vanilla and powdered sugar until smooth.
- In a medium pot add the blueberries and sugar and cook until thickened.
- Roll out the puff pastry and cut into squares.
- Place a spoonful of cream cheese mixture on half the squares, top with a good helping of the Blueberry mixture.
- Place another square on top and seal. Then sprinkle with a little sugar.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes or until golden.
- Let cool and serve sprinkled with some powdered / icing sugar.
I always find that puff pastry desserts go the fastest in my house. And that’s good because they are so easy to make!
More Easy Puff Pastry Desserts
So whenever you are ready for a flaky treat. I think you would enjoy these easy to make Blueberry Cream Cheese Danish. Enjoy!
Easy Blueberry Cream Cheese Danish
- 2 sheets puff pastry (14 ounce package)
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup sugar (taste for sweetness)
CREAM CHEESE FILLING
- 8 ounces cream cheese (whole not light / remove 30 minutes from fridge before using)
- 2-3 tablespoons powdered / icing sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F (180 C) and line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium pot combine the blueberries and sugar and heat on low / medium heat until thickened, stirring often. Be careful not to burn. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a medium bowl beat on medium speed the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and lemon juice until smooth.
- Roll out the puff pastry and cut each sheet into 6-8 squares (all the same same size). Top one of the sheets with the cream cheese filling (divided by 6-8) and top with the blueberry filling (6-8 parts).
- Top each square with the remaining squares and seal shut. (using the teeth of a fork). Brush the tops with a little milk and sprinkle with granulated sugar. Bake for approximately 15 minutes or until golden. Eat warm or Let cool and sprinkle with powdered / icing sugar if desired. Enjoy!