Easy Blueberry Cream Cheese Danish, is a quick and simple recipe. Puff Pastry squares filled with a simple cheesecake filling and fresh blueberries. The Perfect Breakfast, Snack or Dessert idea.
If you are anything like me or a lot of Italians, you will know that we always have a package of Puff Pastry in the fridge. I love puff pastry. All those flaky layers!
It makes a delicious pie crust, perfect for your a savory appetizer or some yummy strawberry sweet tarts or what I have made here. Delicious Cream Cheese Danishes or Turnovers.
I have waited awhile, but now it is so easy to find fresh berries in the supermarkets. I usually buy a couple of boxes, my kids and my husband love eating them fresh, on ice cream or in yogurt.
- Puff pastry – 2 sheets of puff pastry
- Blueberries – fresh or frozen
- Sugar – granulated sugar
- Cream cheese – whole cream cheese room temperature
- Powdered sugar – also known as icing or confectioners’ sugar
- Vanilla – vanilla extract
- Lemon juice – you can also add some lemon zest for a stronger lemon flavor
If you prefer you could probably use pie filling, since it is already thick you don’t have to cook it.
How to make Blue Berry Puff Pastry Turnovers
In a medium pot combine the blueberries and sugar and heat on low / medium heat until thickened, stirring often. Be careful not to burn. Remove from heat and let cool.
In a medium bowl beat with an electric mixer on medium speed the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and lemon juice until smooth.
Roll out the puff pastry sheets and cut each sheet into 6-8 squares (all the same same size). Place the squares on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Top one of the sheets with the cream cheese mixture and top with the blueberry filling.
Top each square with the remaining squares and seal shut. Brush the tops with a little milk and sprinkle with granulated sugar. Bake for approximately 15 minutes or until golden brown. Eat warm or Let cool and sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired.
You could also drizzle with a vanilla glaze if you prefer. In a small bowl mix together 1/2 cup powdered sugar, 1 tsp vanilla extract and 1-2 teaspoons of cream to reach the desired thickness.
I always find that puff pastry desserts go the fastest in my house. And that’s good because they are so easy to make!
What other fruit can I use?
If you prefer you can use strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, cherries, apples or even pears, if you use bigger fruits for this cream cheese danish recipe then I would suggest chopping them into small pieces.
How to store the Cream Cheese Danish
Any leftovers need to be refrigerated. Store in an airtight container or wrap well in plastic wrap. They will keep for up to 3-4 days in the fridge. Bring to room temperature before serving.
How to freeze them
Wrap the completely cooled baked pastries in plastic wrap then place in a freezer bag or container, they will keep for up to three months in the freezer.
Let them thaw in the fridge then bring to room temperature before serving, half an hour should be enough time. Don’t leave them out too long because of the cream cheese.
So whenever you are ready for a flaky treat. I think you would enjoy these easy to make Blueberry Cream Cheese Danish. Enjoy!
More Easy Puff Pastry Desserts
Easy Blueberry Cream Cheese Danish
- 2 sheets puff pastry store bought or homemade
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
CREAM CHEESE FILLING
- 8 ounces cream cheese whole room temperature
- 2-3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1-2 tablespoons milk (for brushing)
- 1-2 tablespoons powdered sugar (for dusting)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F (180 C) and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium pot combine the blueberries and sugar, heat on low / medium heat until thickened, stirring often. Be careful not to burn. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a medium bowl beat on medium speed the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and lemon juice until smooth.
- Roll out the puff pastry and cut each sheet into 6-8 squares (all the same same size). Top one of the sheets with the cream cheese filling (divided by 6-8) and top with the blueberry filling (6-8 parts).
- Top each square with the remaining squares and seal shut. (using the tongs of a fork). Brush the tops with a little milk and sprinkle with granulated sugar. Bake for approximately 15 minutes or until golden. Eat warm or let cool, sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving, if desired. Enjoy!
Stephanie Jones says
I have a question I am wanting to make these for a friend in another state and overnight ship them the day after I make them. There will be ice packs in the shipping box. Will they be ok to do that
Hi Stephanie, and they will arrive the next day? If you pack them well with ice packs, I would think they would be ok. Tell them to smell them and make sure there is no odour before tasting. Let me know.
Kathryn Haley says
This might be good though I didn’t taste it yet❤️🧡❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️💖💖💖❤️❤️❤️
Despina Aurelio says
This looks delicious! Do you use mascarpone cheese or regular cream cheese?
Hi Despina I used regular (not light) cream cheese for this recipe. Hope you enjoy it. Have a great weekend.