What a better way to end the week and start the weekend then with a fast and delicious pasta dish. Believe me this one is fast and yummy.
While the pasta is cooking get that sauce cooking and you will be eating in about 30 minutes or less (depending on how fast you are)!
Before I came to Italy I always thought pasta dishes were so much work. The longer they took to make the better they were. But this can sometimes be furthest from the truth.
This Fusilli with Fresh Tomatoes and Mushrooms is so quick to put together and even quicker to make and I have to say even faster to eat unless of course you have two plates, which the Italian usually has!
Looking back on the last 20 years of life in Italy, or my food life in Italy, I have to say I love the fact that so much time is spent at the table not only eating amazing food and such good-for-you-food but all the thoughts and ideas that are shared.
Whether it be just our little family of four or our extended family of friends. Needless to say there is never a lack of conversation. From the unfortunate state of the country to the best way to cook Spaghetti!
So whoever you share Fusilli with Fresh Tomatoes and Mushrooms with, Buon Appetito!
Fusilli With Fresh Tomatoes and Mushrooms
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms 200 grams
- 1-2 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ cup olive oil 60 grams
- 2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley chopped 7 grams
- ½ teaspoon oregano 1/2 gram
- ½ teaspoon salt 2 1/2 grams
- ¼ cup water 60 grams
- 4 leaves or 5 fresh basil chopped or 1/2 teaspoon dried 1/2 gram
- 3-4 medium ripe tomatoes chopped seeds removed
- 1-2 dashes hot pepper flakes if desired
- 3 cups cooked fusilli pasta
- In a large pan add the olive oil, mushrooms, garlic, parsley, oregano, salt, hot pepper flakes and water. Cook on medium low heat, stirring occasionally (so mushrooms don't burn), continue to cook for a couple of minutes until only a little bit of water is left, but the mushrooms are tender (we like our mushrooms a little bit browned so continue to cook a couple of minutes extra if you like them that way also).
- Gently mix in the tomatoes and basil and cook until tomatoes are tender and thickened (approximately 10 minutes). Toss with cooked pasta. Serve immediately. Enjoy!