Peach Upside Down Cake, a deliciously moist cake made with fresh or canned Peaches. Serve with ice cream for the perfect Dessert Idea.
I have never been a lover of Upside Down Desserts, Pineapple to be exact, although it is one of those fruits that I love fresh or even in the can.
But after I made a Caramel Upside Down Apple Cake I knew it was my kind of dessert, actually pretty well everything is my kind of Dessert!
Be sure to watch the video!
Peach Upside Down Cake
We are loving everything peaches and nectarines in Italy now and I knew another Peach Dessert had to be made. In fact I made this Peach Upside Down Cake twice, once with fresh peaches and once with canned.
To tell the truth they were both delicious and now I can have this Upside Down Peach cake with canned peaches even in the cooler weather. Bonus.
When it comes to summertime fruit I am really picky. I love Peaches, Watermelon and Cantaloupe, but I can do without Berries, Apricots, Plums (unless they are hard and crunchy, can you tell I am an Apple person?) Mangos and Honeydew.
I know I have been told more than once “Are you Crazy? Summer fruit is the best”! I will certainly make desserts with summer fruit and yeah I will eat it too.
Some Summertime Fruit Desserts I think you will enjoy!
I hope you enjoy this Peach Upside Down Dessert as much as we did, and a dessert served with a little ice cream is a dessert no one can refuse. Enjoy!
Peach Upside Down Cake
- 1/4 cup butter (softened) (56.7 grams)
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon brown sugar (112.50 grams)
- 23 slices of peaches (3 or 4 peaches or 1 small can drained)
- 1/4 cup butter (70.8 grams)
- 1/2 cup white sugar (100 grams)
- 1/4 teaspoon almond flavouring
- 1 egg
- 1 cup cake flour ** (106 grams)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons milk (40.625 grams)
- Pre-Heat oven to 350°F (180°C), grease and flour an 8 inch (20 centimeter) spring form cake pan (springform because the sides are higher, line with parchment paper if you wish).
- On the bottom of cake pan place softened butter add brown sugar and mix well, spread evenly, lightly press peach slices into the mixture.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a medium bowl cream butter, sugar and almond flavouring, add egg and beat until light and fluffy, add dry ingredients alternately with milk, beat on low until combined.
- Spoon and spread evenly over peach slices. Bake for approximately 40-45 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes and then flip onto a cake plate, serve warm, with a scoop of vanilla ice cream if desired. Enjoy!
- **to make Cake flour, place one cup of all purpose flour in a bowl, remove 2 tablespoons and replace with 2 tablespoons of corn starch. Whisk well to combine.