Peach Upside Down Cake, a deliciously moist cake made with fresh or canned Peaches. Serve with ice cream for the perfect Dessert Idea.
Peach Upside Down Cake
I have never been a lover of Upside Down Desserts, Pineapple to be exact, although it is one of those fruits that I love fresh or even in the can.
But after I made a Caramel Upside Down Apple Cake I knew it was my kind of dessert, actually pretty well everything is my kind of Dessert!
We are loving everything peaches and nectarines in Italy now and I knew another Peach Dessert had to be made. In fact I made this Peach Upside Down Cake twice, once with fresh peaches and once with canned.
To tell the truth they were both delicious and now I can have this Upside Down Peach cake with canned peaches even in the cooler weather. Bonus.
When it comes to summertime fruit I am really picky. I love Peaches, Watermelon and Cantaloupe, but I can do without Berries, Apricots, Plums (unless they are hard and crunchy, can you tell I am an Apple person?) Mangos and Honeydew.
I know I have been told more than once “Are you Crazy? Summer fruit is the best”! I will certainly make desserts with summer fruit and yeah I will eat it too.
Some Summertime Fruit Desserts I think you will enjoy!
I hope you enjoy this Peach Upside Down Dessert as much as we did, and a dessert served with a little ice cream is a dessert no one can refuse. Enjoy!
Peach Upside Down Cake
- 1/4 cup butter (softened) (56 grams)
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon brown sugar (lightly packed) (112.50 grams)
- 23 slices of peaches (3 or 4 peaches or 1 small can drained)
- 1/4 cup butter (56 grams)
- 1/2 cup white sugar (100 grams)
- 1/4 teaspoon almond flavouring
- 1 egg
- 1 cup cake flour ** (115 grams)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons milk (80 grams)
- Pre-Heat oven to 350°F (180°C), grease and flour an 7-8 inch (20 centimeter) spring form cake pan (springform because the sides are higher, line with parchment paper if you wish).
- On the bottom of cake pan place softened butter add brown sugar and mix well, spread evenly, lightly press peach slices into the mixture.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a medium bowl cream butter, sugar and almond flavouring, add egg and beat until light and fluffy, add dry ingredients alternately with milk, beat on low until combined.
- Spoon and spread evenly over peach slices. Bake for approximately 40-45 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes and then flip onto a cake plate, serve warm, with a scoop of vanilla ice cream if desired. Enjoy!
- **to make Cake flour, place one cup of all purpose flour in a bowl, remove 2 tablespoons and replace with 2 tablespoons of corn starch. Whisk well to combine.