These Supreme Chocolate Drop Cookies are definitely made for chocolate cookie lovers, made with hazelnut cream, hazelnuts and chocolate chunks, pick your favourite from milk to white and why not a mix? Easy drop cookies, no need to refrigerate the dough, cookies in 30 minutes!
And yes I have been on a cookie baking spree in the last couple of weeks, but I have to say these are my favourite. Maybe my favourite cookie ever? Fast and easy, you will have cookies in the cookie jar in about 30 minutes!
How to make
In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. In a large bowl beat together the butter, sugar and hazelnut cream until light and fluffy.
Then add the egg and vanilla and combine. Fold in the chocolate chunks or chips and chopped nuts.
Drop by spoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets. Bake, then cool before tasting.
What are drop cookies
These cookies are called this because they are formed by dropping spoonfuls of dough or batter onto a cookie sheet. They tend to be moister and more cake like then regular rolled out cookies.
Can I substitute the hazelnut cream?
If you don’t like store bought hazelnut cream (Nutella) you can always make your own Homemade, or you could substitute with an almond chocolate spread. So instead of using chopped hazelnuts use chopped almonds.
I used chocolate chunks in this recipe if you prefer chocolate chips work just fine too. And of course dark, milk, white or even a mixture would be yummy!
How to tell when the drop cookies are done
The cookies should be lightly golden and starting to darken around the edges when done. Be sure to let them cool before tasting.
How to store them
The cooled cookies should be stored in an airtight container, they can be kept at room temperature for a day or two, more than that they should be refrigerated. If you house is on the warm side then definitely refrigerate them. They will keep for up to 4-5 days in the fridge.
More Chocolate Cookies
- Easy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Thick Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Hazelnut Shortbread Cookies
- The Best Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Pear Drop Cookies
They can also be frozen, once they have cooled place in an airtight freezer safe bag or container. They can be kept in the freezer for up to 2-3 months.
Weekends are always the best time for cookies! So I hope you give these Supreme Chocolate Drop Cookies a try and let me know what you think! Enjoy.
Supreme Chocolate Drop Cookies
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour (162 grams)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt*
- 1/4 cup +1 tablespoon butter (soft)* (66 grams)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar (lightly packed) (135 grams)
- 2 tablespoons hazelnut cream (Nutella)
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips (180 grams)
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped hazelnuts (90 grams)
*if using unsalted butter then add 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
For room temperature remove egg from fridge 30-45 minutes before using.
- Pre-heat oven to 350F (180C). Line 2 large cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl beat together the butter, sugar and hazelnut cream until light and fluffy. Then add the egg and vanilla beat to combine.
- On low speed, beat in the flour mixture until combined. Gently fold in the chocolate chips and chopped nuts.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets about 2 inches (4-5 cm) apart. Bake for approximately 10-12 minutes, let cool for about 5 minutes on the cookie sheet then move to a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
Based on Betty Crocker Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies