Skillet Zucchini Shrimp Pasta, don’t know what to make with all those zucchini, this fast and easy sautéed Zucchini, Shrimp and Spaghetti is one of the best choices for dinner tonight or any night.
One of the good things about being back in Italy is that I am never short of gifts from my mother-in-law, sometimes better than diamonds (ok I won’t exaggerate but close!) Zucchini, Eggplant, Tomatoes, Peppers etc, it seems like it is never-ending.
And she said this summer was a bad year, too much rain, an over load of snails that are eating everything in sight. Doesn’t seem to be affecting the zucchini though. But then again what does?
It is a good thing there are so many great zucchini recipes out there, including this one. Zucchini and Shrimp pasta is a must try. Fast, easy and yes Pasta can be healthy too!
After being away for two months I went to give my mother-in-law a hand with her garden this evening. It took almost the whole evening, between picking the beans, eggplant, zucchini,peppers, lettuce and tomatoes.
I went home with bags full of the most beautiful vegetables. With all these amazing vegetables it doesn’t seem that it would be too difficult to live without meat.
Although in this recipe I did throw in some shrimp. Believe it or not, Shrimp and Zucchini go really well together, who would have thought? It has become one of my favourite Summer Pasta Dishes.
Skillet Zucchini Shrimp Pasta
Maybe only an Italian. Anyway sauteing all of these tasty ingredients together is really something worth trying and it doesn’t take much time at all.
This is a delicious dish to make for friends or family or just because there are so many zucchini hanging around and you know you need another really tasty recipe. Enjoy with wine of choice and Buon Appetito!
Skillet Zucchini Shrimp Pasta
- 2-3 medium zucchini cut slim wedges
- 1/2 pound fresh or frozen medium shrimp 250 grams
- ¼ cup olive oil 50 grams
- ¼ cup chopped fresh Italian parsley (divided) 7 grams
- 1-2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano 3/4 gram
- ½ teaspoon salt 2 1/2 grams
- 1-2 dashes hot pepper flakes to taste
- 2-3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3-4 cups cooked pasta (rigatoni or penne)
- In a large pot of boiling salted water cook the pasta until al dente.
- While the water is boiling and the pasta is cooking, in a medium-sized pan add the olive oil, garlic, and zucchini, top with the salt, oregano, hot pepper flakes and half the chopped parsley. Stir gently to combine, cook on medium heat for approximately 10-15 minutes or until the zucchini starts to turn lightly golden, zucchini should be tender but not mushy, add the shrimp and remaining parsley, continue to cook for 5-7 minutes or until the shrimp is cooked. Stir occasionally.
- Add the drained pasta and ¼ cup of pasta water, cook on high heat tossing constantly for 30-60 seconds. Serve immediately with freshly chopped parsley. Enjoy!
Can you use the shrimp frozen or must they be defrosted
Hi Irene, sure you can use frozen shrimp. I would probably let them semi thaw before frying with the zucchini. It might take a bit longer to cook because of the extra liquid from the frozen shrimp. Let me know how it goes.
very easy,very good. I had fresh zucchini from my garden and fresh parsley. I cooked the shrimp in the shells which gave its great flavor.excellent recipe I would be honored to serve this as a meal to my guests
Hi Hallie, thank you so glad you enjoyed it. Take care.
Kendra R. says
The recipe was super easy to follow and my meal turned out great. Moving forward, I think I will cook my shrimp in a separate skillet and transfer to the vegetable skillet during the last 5 minutes of cooking. My shrimp werent cooking properly during my initial test run of the recipe.
Boy oh boy this sounds so easy and delicious. Of course being Italian myself any veggie with pasta is good. I will top mine with shaved Parmesan.
Hi Fran, thanks so much and yes shaved Parmesan is a great idea.
Katherines Corner says
Thank you for sharing this yumminess at the Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop. xo
P.S> did you enter my new giveaway yet?