I have always been the type of person who loves carbs. Pasta, rice, bread or potatoes, anyway, anywhere. But this has to be one of the best ways to eat potatoes. Baked with rosemary, oregano and olive oil, they’re light, crunchy and so flavourful. These potatoes are great paired with fish, chicken, beef or pork. Buon appetito.
- 4 large potatoes (peeled and cut into large cubes)
- 2-3 sprigs fresh rosemary (washed and leaves removed from the stem)
- 2½ teaspoons (1½ grams) oregano
- 1 teaspoon (6 grams) salt
- ¼ cup (40 grams) olive oil
- Heat oven to 400° (200° celcius)
- Cut and rinse the potatoes. Dry the potatoes with a towel. In a large bowl mix together, the towel dried potatoes, rosemary leaves, oregano, salt and olive oil then pour into a large baking pan (use a large baking pan so that the potatoes have room) and sprinkle with another ½ - 1 teaspoon (1/2-1 gram) of oregano and ¼-1/2 teaspoon (1½-3 grams) salt. Bake in pre-heated oven for approximately 1 hour. After 30 minutes flip the potatoes with a spatula and continue baking for the remaining 30 minutes.