Double Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie a quick and easy dessert, delicious topped with a scoop or two of vanilla ice cream!
Double Chocolate Chip Skillet Pie
is great way to share a chocolate chip cookie, a delicious creamy dark chocolate centre makes it even extra special. Perfect with a scoop or two of vanilla ice cream.
I have been reminded more than once by my kids and husband that I am one of those people that if I try something, a new recipe for example or cooking device and everyone really loves it or I really love it, well then I will cook it or use it to death.
Yup, happened quite a while ago with quiche, and chocolate cake and strudel (I could go on)! and now my newly purchased skillet is getting the workout.
“Is this a new thing? Everything we eat is made in a skillet”? That was the question of the day.
So yeah I am really loving my cast iron skillet. I recently made a Pizza Topped Skillet Hamburger Pie and yes I do have a few more recipes waiting in the wings.
This Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie came from inspiration from my cousin. She and I actually went shopping together and we bought the same skillet.
More Chocolate Chip Recipes you may enjoy!
Easy Chocolate Chip Whipped Shortbread
Streusel Topped Blueberry Chocolate Chip Muffins
Italian Breakfast Cake with Mascarpone and Chocolate Chips
Big Double Chocolate Chip Muffins
Thick Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
What you will need to make this Yummy Double Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie.
- Cast Iron Skillet – I love using my new skillet for so many recipes.
- Hand Mixer – This is one thing I could never do without.
- Wire Whisks – I think I use these more for stirring then wooden spoons.
- All Purpose Flour – You can’t make cookies without flour.
She messaged me and asked if I had used the skillet yet and if I had a recipe for a skillet cookie. That was the push I needed.
I decided to use a recipe she had given me awhile back which I changed a bit to give it a more cake like feel, and of course nice bit of melted dark chocolate in the middle was the perfect touch.
We both tested it out, the recipe and the skillet. And I am happy to say they were both a success. Enjoy!
Double Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie
Double Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie
- 1 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 3 1/2 ounces dark chocolate (melted) (or milk chocolate if you prefer)
- Lightly grease cast iron skillet.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl beat butter until creamy, then add the sugars, eggs and vanilla and beat to combine.
- Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture and mix with a spatula or wooden spoon, then mix in the chocolate chips. Combine into a firm dough and wrap with plastic, refrigerate for 15 - 20 minutes.
- While dough is in the fridge, pre-heat oven to 350°.
- Remove from the fridge and place half the mixture on the bottom the skillet (10 inch skillet), top with the melted chocolate and cover with the remaining cookie dough.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes. Let cool or eat warm, top with vanilla ice cream if desired. Enjoy!
I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Silvana Gantt says
Hi can you share what size cast iron skillet I need for the chocolate chip cookie.Love your recipes
Hi Silvana, thanks so much, mine is about 8 inches, so even up to 9 inches would work. I hope you enjoy it. Have a great weekend!
Marsha M. says
What size is the skillet? The smaller 10″ one, or a 12″?
Hi Marsha, so sorry I forgot to mention that, the 10 inch skillet. Have a great weekend.