Light Cream Cheese Berry Cheesecake, a chocolate wafer base with a light cream cheese dark chocolate chip filling. a light and creamy no bake dessert.
The other day I was looking in the fridge, to see how everything was doing, in other words had anything expired. Well I found a light cream cheese that was getting pretty darn close.
Naturally the first thing that came to mind was “Cheesecake”. My eldest daughter and I were always the cheesecake lovers in our house.
Until one day I made a Skor Toffee Bits Vanilla Chocolate Cheesecake that converted my youngest daughter. She and her friend devoured that cheesecake.
No Bake Light Cream Cheese Berry Cheesecakef
But when it was time to serve this Light Cream Cheese Berry Cheesecake, he loved it, ate two pieces and decided this dessert was not shareable.
It was so easy to put together. I decided to use the leftover Oreo crumbs for the base. Then I beat together the cream cheese, powdered sugar and a little vanilla, I then folded it into the whipped cream together with some chocolate chips.
I spooned it over the base and refrigerated it over night. Because it is light cream cheese it doesn’t become as solid as the regular. So 30 minutes before serving I placed it in the freezer.
And of course the addition of some blackberries and blueberries with a little drizzle of melted chocolate doesn’t hurt either. Fast easy and delicious, just the way desserts should be. Enjoy!
No Bake Blueberry Cheesecake
- 1½ cups oreo crumbs
- ¼ cup butter (melted)
- 8 ounces cream cheese ( remove from fridge 30 minutes before time)
- ¾ cup powdered / icing sugar
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup whole / whipped cream
- 1 tablespoon gelatin
- 2 tablespoons milk (2% or whole milk)
- ½ cup blueberries
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1¼ cups blueberries (fresh or frozen unthawed)
- Mix the cookie crumbs and melted butter, press down on the bottom of a 7 - 8 inch (17 - 20 cm) springform cake pan (or line a regular cake pan with plastic wrap or parchment paper). Refrigerate.
- In a medium bowl beat together the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla, set aside.
- Beat the cream until thick peaks appear, set aside.
- In a small pot add the milk and sprinkle the gelatine on top, let stand one minute, then place the pot on low heat and heat just until the gelatine has dissolved, stirring often (1-2 minutes), do not boil, then immediately remove from heat.
- Add 1 -2 tablespoons of the cream cheese mixture to the gelatine mixture and stir gently to combine, fold the gelatine into the remaining cream cheese mixture, then gently fold it into the whipped cream, mix until combined, fold in the blueberries.
- Remove the cookie base from the fridge, spoon the cheesecake filling evenly on top, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 4-5 hours or even better overnight. Before serving top with the blueberry topping if desired.
- In a medium pot whisk together the sugar, starch and cinnamon, stir in the water and mix together, then add the lemon juice and blueberries bring to a boil over medium heat, lower the heat to medium/low and continue to cook stirring constantly until it thickens, 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat. Let cool completely, refrigerate if not using.