Light Cream Cheese Berry Cheesecake, a chocolate wafer base with a light cream cheese dark chocolate chip filling. a light and creamy no bake dessert.
The other day I was looking in the fridge, to see how everything was doing, in other words had anything expired. Well I found a light cream cheese that was getting pretty darn close.
Naturally the first thing that came to mind was “Cheesecake”. My eldest daughter and I were always the cheesecake lovers in our house.
Until one day I made a Skor Toffee Bits Vanilla Chocolate Cheesecake that converted my youngest daughter. She and her friend devoured that cheesecake.
No Bake Light Cream Cheese Berry Cheesecakef
But when it was time to serve this Light Cream Cheese Berry Cheesecake, he loved it, ate two pieces and decided this dessert was not shareable.
It was so easy to put together. I decided to use the leftover Oreo crumbs for the base. Then I beat together the cream cheese, powdered sugar and a little vanilla, I then folded it into the whipped cream together with some chocolate chips.
I spooned it over the base and refrigerated it over night. Because it is light cream cheese it doesn’t become as solid as the regular. So 30 minutes before serving I placed it in the freezer.
And of course the addition of some blackberries and blueberries with a little drizzle of melted chocolate doesn’t hurt either. Fast easy and delicious, just the way desserts should be. Enjoy!
No Bake Light Cream Cheese Berry Cheesecake
- 1 1/2 cups oreo crumbs 180 grams
- 1/4 cup butter (melted) 55 grams
- 8 ounces light cream cheese ( remove from fridge 30 minutes before time) 250 grams
- 3/4 cup powdered / icing sugar 85 grams
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla 3.15 grams
- 1/2 cup mini dark chocolate chips 87.50 grams
- 1 cup whole / whipped cream 240 ml
- 1 cup mix of blueberries and blackberries 148 grams
- 2-3 ounces dark chocolate (melted) 50-75 grams
- Place beaters in the freezer for approximately 20 minutes and make cookie base.Mix cookie crumbs and melted butter, press down on the bottom of a 7 - 8 inch (17 - 20 centimeters) springform cake pan (or line a regular cake pan with plastic wrap). Place in refrigerator.
- Beat cream until thick peaks appear, set aside.In a medium bowl beat together cream cheese, sugar and vanilla.Fold cream cheese mixture and chocolate chips into whipped cream until well combined. Remove cookie base from fridge, pour cheesecake filling on top of cookie base, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate over night, place in freezer 30 minutes before serving (if using light cream cheese).Top with berries and drizzle with melted chocolate. Serve immediately. Enjoy!