These Fast and Easy Parmesan Rosemary Pizza Pinwheels, are the perfect addition to a Comforting Bowl of Soup, Stew or even as a quick snack.
For my favourite month of the Year, October, our little group of 4 bloggers are at it again and this time we are sharing recipes that we made with Herbs. Last month we shared Apple Recipes and I made some Apple Pie Cookies.
Well this month is a good one too! This time I decided to go the Savory Route and make these delicious Parmesan Rosemary Pizza Pinwheels, they are so easy and would make the perfect appetizer, snack or even a yummy accompaniment to a bowl of Soup or Stew.
I really enjoyed this month’s theme, I love herbs, especially Basil, Parsley, Garlic and I absolutely adore Oregano and Rosemary, just ask my sister, I can never get enough!
Of course, fresh if possible. And yes lucky me, I can pretty well get all these spices fresh year round.
I have always been a lover of Pizza, but when I first came to Italy I was really intrigued by this simple White Pizza (no sauce) drizzled with a little olive oil and sprinkled with rosemary.
Italians would eat this pizza usually as a snack or as a substitute for bread. My kids would love it when snack time was a piece of rosemary pizza. It has to be one of the best combinations!
I actually used a store-bought unbaked pizza crust, although you can make your own Homemade Pizza Dough or even buy some dough from a local bakery or Pizzeria.
I rolled out the dough, brushed it with a little olive oil, sprinkled with some coarse salt, chopped rosemary and Parmesan Cheese, because I love Parmesan cheese too! But you can leave it out if you choose.
Then I rolled up the dough and sliced it, but don’t slice it too thin. I baked it in a high oven for about 12 minutes, let the slices cool a bit, and serve. Buon Appetito!
Easy Parmesan Rosemary Pizza Pinwheels
Easy Parmesan rosemary pinwheels.
- 1 large raw pizza dough
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon coarse salt more if desired
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh rosemary chopped more if desired
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 425° (250° celsius). Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.On rolled out unbaked Pizza Dough brush with olive oil, sprinkle with coarse salt, rosemary and Parmesan Cheese (leave 1 tablespoon for sprinkling on top of pinwheels).Roll up pizza dough (if rectangle, roll up from short end), cut into slices (not too thin), pull dough apart if stuck together, place on cookie sheet and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan Cheese (add more if desired). Bake for approximately 10-15 minutes. Enjoy!
The Taste Creations Blog Hop happens on the 1st Monday of Every Month. Every month, myself and 3 other bloggers challenge ourselves to make something with a chosen ingredient. Hope you will check out these recipes too. Have a great week everyone!
Our Good Life – Simple Herbed Butter
Mom Home Guide – Preserving Basil