Italian Roast Pork Loin, an easy pork roast made delicious with fresh rosemary and carrots. Simmered slow for a tender delicious main dish recipe.
Italian Roast Pork Loin a great alternative or addition to your holiday dinner for anyone who isn’t crazy about turkey, for example, the Italian!
Today was a busy day, I was out and about with my daughter visiting my niece and her two adorable children.
After begging my sister for her car, we took another lovely scenic drive through the Durham region and of course, me being me, I had to get lost at least once.
Luckily, we didn’t get too far before I realized that we were going the wrong way, so we turned around and got to our destination just 15 minutes late.
More Meat Recipes you may Enjoy!
After spending a lovely time catching up with my niece, my daughter and I got back in the car and decided to buy some flowers and pay a visit to my parents’ grave.
Since I live in Italy, I don’t get to go to the cemetery and visit them that often, so when I do come to Toronto I make sure I stop by at least once.
Going to see my parents reminded me of the great roast pork my mom used to make and that’s why I’ve decided to share this recipe with you today.
My father was always the meat and potatoes kind of guy, so I decided to spice up the pork roast a bit with some Italian spices and add some delicious roasted potatoes. This Roast pork is a perfect Sunday family dinner or get together dish. Buon Appetito!
- 2 pounds pork loin
- 2-3 carrots large chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- pinch of thyme
- 1/2 cup water
- With a sharp knife (using the tip of the knife) cut 4 - 5 slices top and bottom (total) in the meat and insert a piece of chopped garlic.
- In a large pan add olive oil, pork roast and brown on both sides, then add carrots and remaining garlic, oregano, thyme, rosemary and salt (sprinkle spices over roast and carrots) add water, bring to a boil for 5 minutes.
- Then lower heat and simmer covered for about 35-45 minutes (or inserted thermometer in meat reaches 145°F) .
- Remove roast, and with a potato masher, coarsely mash carrots, (at this point taste for salt, add if necessary) raise heat and cook until almost all the water has evaporated (or reached desired thickness) then add sliced pork heat thoroughly and serve. Enjoy!
Republished from July 16, 2014.