Baked Breaded Zucchini Roll-Ups, a Fast and Easy Appetizer, stuffed with melted cheese and ham, breaded and baked. So Delicious. Perfect for get togethers with family and friends. A great way to use up that extra Zucchini!
How to pick Zucchini flowers
If you plant zucchini don’t forget to pick the flowers early in the morning before they open up too much.
Just the male flowers the ones with a stem, (the ones with no stem are female and become zucchini) and be sure to make these tasty Italian Stuffed Zucchini Flowers.
I was never a big zucchini fan or eater in Canada, it wasn’t a vegetable my Mom cooked often. But with a lot of home cooking from my mother-in-law I learned to love it many different ways.
How to make Zucchini Roll-ups
- I thought I would start off the Zucchini Season this year with simple Breaded Zucchini Roll-Ups. Instead of dipped in egg to hold the crumbs, a light brushing of Olive Oil was perfect.
- You want to soften the zucchini strips in order to roll them up, so baked at a 400°F degree oven for about 15 minutes is all they need.
- Then let them cool a few minutes, top with a slice of Cooked Ham or Prosciutto and a couple of thin slices of Cheese. Roll them up, stick in a toothpick to hold them together, and re-bake for about 5 minutes or until the cheese starts to melt.
Believe me these Baked Breaded Zucchini Roll-Ups will go fast. Enjoy!
More Delicious Zucchini Recipes
- Simple Italian Grilled Zucchini
- Baked Zucchini Stuffed with Meat
- Zucchini Cake Donuts
- Grilled Zucchini Pizza with Arugula
- Zucchini Patties
- Grilled Zucchini Double Cheese Tuna Bake
Baked Breaded Zucchini Roll-Ups
- 2 medium zucchini (7-8 inches / 20 centimeters)
- 11 thin slices ham or prociutto
- 11 thin slices cheese (eg. Fontal, Gruyere, firm mozzrella, swiss)
- 1/4 cup + 3 tablespoon bread crumbs (54.25 grams)
- 1/4 teaspoon parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- olive oil (3-4 tablespoons for brushing pans & zucchini)
- Pre-heat oven to 400° F (200° C). Lightly brush one large and one small cookie sheet.
- Slice Zucchini lengthwise, thin but not too thin (almost pie pastry crust thickness, you want to be able to roll them up but not break).
- In a flat dish mix together bread crumbs, parsley, oregano and salt.
- Brush both sides of sliced zucchini with olive oil, and dip both sides in bread crumb mixture. Place on lightly greased cookie sheet, sprinkle with leftover crumbs and bake for approximately 15 minutes or until soft.
- Remove from oven let sit 5 minutes, then top with a slice of ham and cheese, roll and secure with a toothpick. Place on lightly greased cookie sheet and bake approximately 5 minutes or until cheese starts to melt. Serve immediately sprinkled with fresh chopped Italian parsley if desired. Enjoy!