Easy Homemade One Pot Chili, the best full of ground beef, beans and tomatoes Chili, make it as spicy as you like!
I have been making this Chili recipe for over 20 years. It is the one we love and the only one I make.
Naturally I use Borlotti beans instead of Kidney Beans since that is what I have. I really like Borlotti Beans so I think they work better and taste better.
Being back in Toronto for a couple of weeks makes me want a bowl of Chili almost every day. I have experienced winter again for the first time in 20 years.
My daughter and I spent 4 days in Winnipeg with a temperature of -18, now that is cold. We went from +20 in Rome, Sunny and warm to freezing our butts off.
But the warmth of friends and family just can’t be beat.
Then I arrived in Toronto, she was back to Vancouver and I warmed up to a balmy -8 with snowfalls.
So here I am 4 days away from my departure with a beautiful sunny day of +6, but don’t get too excited tonight we are hitting a low of -12. It’s Canada and you just never know, and I love it!
I also love seeing a few Canadians in shorts during the short “Heat Spell”. I laugh when I think Italians get out their winter coat, boots, gloves, hats and scarves and moaning about how cold it is at +6.
Who am I kidding, I’m one of those people now too! So if you are feeling the cold or it’s still cold, a nice big bowl of Easy Homemade One Pot Chili will certainly help warm you up! Don’t for get to serve it with some Puff Pastry Twists. Buon Appetito!
Easy Homemade One Pot Chili
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 medium onions chopped
- 2 cans 20 ounces tomatoes
- 28 ounces Beans (Borlotti or Kidney)
- 1-2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1/2 - 1 pepper chopped
- chopped fresh parsley
- hot pepper flakes or chili powder to taste
- salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 cup water
- In a large pot add olive oil, onions and meat, stirring occasionally heat until meat is browned, then add pepper and garlic and cook 5 minutes (stirring occasionally), add tomatoes, beans (with liquid), parsley, oregano, salt, hot pepper flakes, Worcestershire Sauce and water. Stir to combine and simmer (half covered) for approximately 30 minutes. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
- ** This Chili is delicious served with some Puff Pastry Twists or slice up some Crusty Italian Bread, top with a slice of Prosciutto and a slice of Cheese, stick it under the broiler until melted.