Nothing screams Fall like a Caramel Apple, one of the best combinations! Especially a Caramel Apple Surprise Sweet Loaf, a delicious moist quick loaf filled with 3 fresh apples and drizzled with Caramel.
Surprise breads and cakes are so cute and can be so darn delicious. Here in Italy I have eaten a similar sweet loaf but stuffed with fresh pears. I have noticed that Italian really love their pears.
Whether stuffed into an Easy Pear Cake , Surrounded by Chocolate or even eaten raw. To tell the truth it was good but since I am an apple lover, I thought, made in a similar fashion but with Apples a Caramel Apple Surprise just might be better! And yes it was!
Again I used an apple called Royal Gala which has a nice crunch and a not too tart taste. Perfect actually. They are also great for baking because they do not contain too many seeds.
At first I wasn’t going to core it or peel it but then I remembered my family members are a little bit strange when it comes to that, so core and peel is a must.
After making the batter I spooned a little less than half into the loaf pan and then added the 3 cored and peeled apples. I Covered them with the rest of the batter, and then baked it for about 45 to 50 minutes.
I let the Caramel Apple Surprise Loaf completely cool before drizzling with a Caramel Sauce.
To make it really easy, I kind of cheated. I melted some caramels with a little cream, which to tell the truth was pretty darn good.
Caramel Apple Surprise Loaf
But if you prefer a Homemade Caramel Sauce you can check out the one I have on Caramel Apple Cinnamon Cheesecake Tarts. Which is pretty easy and also very yummy.
So why not Celebrate fall with this Tasty Caramel Apple Surprise Loaf. Enjoy!
Caramel Apple Surprise Sweet Loaf
- 3 small - medium apples cored and peeled
- 2 cups flour (240 grams)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (6 grams)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (1.4 grams)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder (5 grams)
- 4 eggs separated
- 2/3 cup butter (150 grams)
- 1/2 cup sugar (100 grams)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (4.2 grams)
- 1/2 cup whole/whipping cream (115 grams)
- 14 caramels unwrapped
- 2 tablespoons cream (29 grams)
- Pre-heat oven to 350° (180° celsius). Grease and flour a 9 x 5 x 3 inch (23 x 13 x 8 cm) loaf pan.LOAF BATTERIn a medium bowl whisk together flour, cinnamon, salt and baking powder.In a medium bowl beat egg whites until firm.In a medium bowl beat butter and sugar until light approximately 3 minutes, beat in vanilla, then add yolks one at a time beating in between each addition. Beat in the cream and then the flour mixture a little at a time.Gently fold the egg whites into the creamed mixture until combined. Spoon approximately 1/3 of the mixture into the prepared loaf pan and place the cored and peeled apples in a row top side up on the batter. Cover with remaining batter and bake for approximately 45-50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool completely.CARAMEL SAUCEIn a small sauce pan add caramels and cream, on low heat, stirring constantly, cook until smooth. Let cool approximately 5 minutes before drizzling.Drizzle with caramel sauce if desired. Enjoy!