All I can say is I knew this was going to happen. Once the warm weather hit and hit it has, I would be making and re-making No-Churn Ice Cream.
That first time we got our spoons in we were hooked, believe me the choices are endless. Including this Cookies and PB Chocolate Ice Cream Parfait.
We have become a Peanut Butter loving family, well almost all of us, except for the Nutella Queen. I like to kid her and tell her she has no Canadian Blood if she doesn’t like Peanut Butter!
I decided this would be the perfect way to use up some of my Peanut Butter chips I have stashed in the freezer.
This is not my first attempt at making Cookies and PB Chocolate Ice Cream Parfait. I have made a few until I arrived at this creamy delicious Ice Cream Treat.
My husband played the gofer and decided that my first attempt was waaaay too sweet and I had to agree.
The first couple of times I used a chocolate cookie base and I did the Peanut Butter more like my Peanut Butter Fudge filling, yup it was a bit too much.
This time I decided this Ice Cream Parfait needed both fillings, the Chocolate Ice Cream and the Peanut Butter, to be creamy.
I decided a simpler cookie base would work better and the PB should be smoother and creamier, almost mousse like.
Cookies and PB Chocolate Ice Cream Parfait
I found the smaller mason jars to be the perfect size, the cookie crumb layer on the bottom, then a layer of Chocolate Ice Cream, Peanut Butter Mousse and another layer of Ice Cream, of course if you have a “I don’t like PB in your house” person, just add another layer of cookie crumbs.
And of course don’t forget the dollop of Whipped Cream, all of this makes these Cookie and PB Chocolate Ice Cream Parfait the perfect warm weather lets-sit-outside-and-eat-Dessert Dessert. Enjoy!
Cookies and PB Chocolate Ice Cream Parfait, creamy and delicious. The perfect summertime treat. An easy recipe, everyone will love it.
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs or cookie crumbs of choice
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 cup + 3 tablespoons cream whipping/whole cream
- 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cocoa good quality
- 1/4 cup mini Peanut Butter Chips
- 5 tablespoons cream whipping/whole cream (divided)
- 1/4 cup cream whipping/whole cream
- Place medium sized bowl and beater in the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- Combine cookie crumbs and melted butter, divide between 3 freezer proof glasses. Place in refrigerator.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of cream until hot but not boiling, remove from heat and add PB chips, stirring until smooth, add the remaining 2 tablespoons cream, stir to combine, place in freezer for 10 minutes. Remove from freezer, add 1/4 cup cream and beat until soft peaks form. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine until smooth sweetened condensed milk and cocoa, set aside.
- Remove medium bowl and beaters from freezer, add cream to bowl and beat until firm peaks appear. Stir a heaping tablespoon into the sweetened condensed milk bowl and stir to combine, then fold in the rest of the whipped cream into the sweetened condensed milk bowl and fold gently until combined.
- Remove glasses from the fridge.
- On top of the cookie crumb base layer first with the Chocolate Ice Cream then the Peanut Butter Mousse and finally another layer of Chocolate Ice Cream. Place in the freezer for approximately 3 hours or until firm. Top with whipped cream and sprinkles. Enjoy!