Italian Stuffed Burgers an easy cheese stuffed burger with an Italian flare, the perfect anytime grilled lunch or dinner dish.
But then a week after my arrival, I don’t know if it was their way of welcoming me or not, we sat down to our secondo piatto (second plate) of a Burger.
Ok I have to admit they did serve it the Italian way no bun, no ketchup and served alongside a delicious veggie of the day. But I do remember that Burger was not bad at all.
So now, after all those years later, yes even McDonald’s and Burger King have arrived in Italy. I still prefer to make my own Burgers.
My kids and yes even the Italian look forward to burger night every now and then.
So when I make my Burgers I like to add a little Italian flare to them. I add some Parmesan mixed in with my cracker crumbs along with some Italian seasoning.
Don’t forget to top the finished Burger with some grated mozzarella, but of course not just on top, stuff some in the middle too.
Italian Stuffed Burgers
I have a little pan grill that is probably used more than any frying pan I possess.
- 1.2 pounds of lean ground beef 600 grams
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup cracker crumbs 65 grams
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh Parmesan cheese 16 grams
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning 1/4 gram
- 3/4 cup shredded firm mozzarella 86 grams
- TOMATO TOPPING
- 1 or 2 ripe tomatoes seeded and chopped
- fresh basil chopped
- oregano and salt to taste
- 1 tablespoons or 2 of olive oil 15 or 30 grams
- In a small bowl mix together cracker crumbs, Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning.
- In a large bowl add ground beef, half the cracker mixture and egg, mix well together.
- Make a patty and in the middle add some grated mozzarella cover with another patty and continue until all meat mixture is finished (makes 4 large hamburgers). Dredge patties in left over cracker crumb mixture before grilling.
- Place on lightly oiled grill or barbecue and cook until completely done. Top with extra grated mozzarella and tomato topping. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
- TOMATO TOPPING
- In a small bowl combine chopped tomatoes, chopped basil, oregano, salt and olive oil mix well.