Parmesan Potato Ham Bake, a delicious side dish for any meal. The perfect combination of Ham and Potatoes and don’t forget the cheese, makes this a new family favourite. The best way to use up that left over Holiday Meal Ham.
I was never a great lover of ham, almost everyone knows that or if they don’t, I tell them. I have to admit when Easter rolled around and my mother would make baked ham, everyone would be excited, but me so I would make sure I over indulged in the chocolate.
But we do grow up and our tastes change and yes I have grown to like cooked ham. I like it especially if it is mixed with some of my favourite ingredients, just like this Parmesan Potato Ham Bake.
This is a quick and easy potato dish, the potatoes are sliced really thin so they cook faster, and when you add my absolute favourite cheese , freshly grated Parmesan cheese and yes some cubed cooked ham.
This Parmesan Potato Ham Bake becomes a delicious side dish.If you are looking for a creamy, white sauce type of Potato Casserole, you won’t find it in this one.
This is probably on the less caloric side, a little milk, some Parmesan cheese, butter and cooked ham is all you need. To get that crunchy topping that we all love in my family, I broil it for a couple of minutes before serving.
It’s too bad my Mom never made this dish, some of that left over baked ham would have gone to good use. Buon Appetito!
Parmesan Potato Ham Bake
Parmesan Potato Ham Bake
- 4 medium potatoes sliced very thin
- 3/4 cup diced cooked ham 100 grams
- 1/2 cup milk 115 grams
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese 40 grams
- 2-4 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese for the topping, 16-32 grams
- 2 1/2 tablespoons butter divided (100 grams)
- salt and pepper
- fresh thyme
- Pre-heat oven to 400° (200° celsius), grease 8x6 inch (20x15 centimeters) baking dish with 1 tablespoon butter.
- In a small bowl mix together milk and Parmesan cheese, set aside.
- Clean and slice potatoes, towel dry before placing in baking dish.
- Place a layer (1/3) of sliced potatoes on the bottom of the baking dish,sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste, drizzle with 1/3 of the milk mixture and top with 1/2 the diced ham, repeat layer, the last layer add remaining potato slices, milk mixture, sprinkle with extra Parmesan cheese (2-4 tablespoons depending on how much you like Parmesan cheese), and dot with remaining butter (1 1/2 tablespoons). Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until tender(broil for approximately 3 minutes if desired).Enjoy!